This morning's scrounge

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mudbug250

Burning Hunk
Dec 17, 2011
Central Mississippi
I finally got a chance to go back and cut some more of the huge hickory that fell that my neighbor said I could have. There are probably 4 or 5 loads this size to go. The big rounds were some heavy mofos. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1351959680.445642.jpg

Got all the small stuff split and the bigger rounds at least busted once. Had to call it a day. I am worn out.

Green Hickory is some serious heavy stuff.

A whole lot easier on chains when its green, moving those big rounds will kill ya though

Top notch wood. Very nice score.
I call the big rounds rollers. ;)
Roll them up ramps into the truck or trailer. Roll them off
Roll them to the splitter. Split vertical

Reactions: Backwoods Savage
it's still summertime down there in Mississippi.............that hickory will last ya awhile
It is today 81F:p
Not last week highs of low 50's low 30's overnight:mad:
Supposed to go back to normal after some storms tonight

I did not bring the trailer today. I usually do roll the big boys up the ramp. But today it was all back and legs getting them in the back of the truck.

TimJ... It is warm here today. In the 80s. We have had a couple of mild days in the upper 50s during the day and mid 30s at night. Last weekend, I burned all day Saturday and Sunday.

Funny thing. I lit a fire Thursday morning for my MIL before I took one of the kids to the doctor. She was cold. When I got back, white smoke billowing out of the chimney. I asked her what stack did you get that last wood out of. And the said the one at the back. That wood has only been c/s/s for about 5 months. With my seasoned wood you only see the heat waves coming out of the chimney once it gets going.

I can tell that I will be feeling those big heavy hickory rounds when I roll out of bed tomorrow morning.

Status
Not open for further replies.