This one cracked me up. Seasoned wood in Log Length

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

daveswoodhauler

Minister of Fire
Hearth Supporter
May 20, 2008
Massachusetts
http://worcester.craigslist.org/grd/2477641607.html
18 foot log length seasoned wood, lol

Tree length firewood, mixed hardwoods, 8-16 inches in diameter, 18 foot logs. Wood has been drying for 6 months in log form. I also have green tree length for 120 per cord delivered. Rutland area only please, 15 mile radius. Thanks.

LOL reminds me of this cartoon I seen years ago.Some guy had this massive log had to be over 3' diameter & 30 ft long in his front yard.Another 2 guys with a grapple truck just leaving & 1 walking back to the truck said "OK,Mr.Tweedy, here's your cord of wood!" :lol:

As long as they don't say it is "dry wood" then they are right. "Seasoned wood" is a meaningless term.

BrotherBart said:
As long as they don't say it is "dry wood" then they are right. "Seasoned wood" is a meaningless term.

Agreed , he pretty much laid it out straight saying drying in log form for 6 months.

My conclusion is that for many looking to sell or get rid of wood, the term "Seasoned" to them means it no longer is connected to Mother Earth via a root system!

Some guy in the same area was selling green wood for $180 and seasoned for $225, I asked him how long it was seasoned and he said the trees were cut about a year ago and he split em two weeks ago :p

I'm having trouble figuring out what you get for $150.00; the way the ad reads, you get one 8-16 inch-wide x 18-ft long log. For $150.00? Wow, wee, wow wee.

XactLEE said:
BrotherBart said:

Agreed , he pretty much laid it out straight saying drying in log form for 6 months.

But the real problem is that Mr & Mrs wood burner sees the word "seasoned" and "click!" That means it is ready to burn now. Most just do not know the difference. It is one thing to protect yourself (like telling how this was "seasoned") and another to be misleading when selling something. To me, this is misleading and I do not like it in the least. As for me, when I sell wood, I have a clear conscience knowing that wood will burn nicely for my customers. Shoot, even the poor families I help out get good dry wood and none of this so-called seasoned stuff others buy.

A little salt and pepper and......PRESTO!! seasoned wood.

This is why im selling my wood only as green. i feel even if i let it set for a year in the heap that it would still not be seasoned. I think the only way I would sell it seasoned if it was stacked for a year or more .Or if i had a big open lot where i could do lots of small heaps in an open windy area. I think this way i avoid a lot of pissed off customers.

Trktrd said:
A little salt and pepper and......PRESTO!! seasoned wood.

Not for me. I much prefer basil, oregano and a touch of garlic, thanks.

Then a touch or two of moisture-meter here and there.

daveswoodhauler said:
http://worcester.craigslist.org/grd/2477641607.html
18 foot log length seasoned wood, lol

Tree length firewood, mixed hardwoods, 8-16 inches in diameter, 18 foot logs. Wood has been drying for 6 months in log form. I also have green tree length for 120 per cord delivered. Rutland area only please, 15 mile radius. Thanks.

Feeling way smarter than some IS the best feeling in the world

Thistle said:
"OK,Mr.Tweedy, here's your cord of wood!" :lol:
Mr. Tweedy?!! What are you, a time traveler from the Stone Age?? :lol:

Woody Stover said:
Thistle said:

I'll be 48 in 2 months.Remember that cartoon (and lots of others of that era) quite well.

Thistle said:
Woody Stover said:
Thistle said:

I'll be 48 in 2 months.Remember that cartoon (and lots of others of that era) quite well.
Ah, you're a youngster. :) I looked it up, it ran from '54-'87.

Bigg_Redd said:
Feeling way smarter than some IS the best feeling in the world
I don't believe it is, but only time will tell. That is all. :)

He obviously dont get out very much,just sayin' :coolgrin:

Status
Not open for further replies.