This one's for MasterMech

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So...If I want to make my grass brown out (so I don't have to mow)....? Just asking.>>

Reactions: charly and Ashful
Or you plant a mullberry so it will kill your grass and make a yard full of wine.

No wine here, but I do have white Mulberry schnapps in the works. More importantly, I just figured out why I can't keep that patch of my yard alive!

Reactions: Pallet Pete
Gotta plant me some mulberries.

No wine here, but I do have white Mulberry schnapps in the works. More importantly, I just figured out why I can't keep that patch of my yard alive!
We had to take ours down because as much as we liked the mulberries it ruined everything. The grass died off in a circle around the tree every year and smelled like rancid wine for a couple months. I wish we had more land so I could re plant one farther out from the house ! We do miss the berries.

Pete

We had a huge, perhaps 5 feet DBH, mulberry on the property line when we moved in. It was surrounded by more wild raspberry than grass, and the large (12"+) surface roots made it tricky to mow around it. Unfortunately, it was taken down to make way for a neighboring driveway.

Status
Not open for further replies.