This photo will probably freak out some of you...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i'm in love.

Attachments

• ruff.jpg
    ruff.jpg
    103.4 KB · Views: 397
no pane said:
i'm in love.

That's why my wife loves me so much.... I actually bought it out of the Nieman-Marcus Christmas catalog...

your curtains need ironing.

WoW
I just noticed im a firestarter because I have low posts...........YOU are a master of fire that install looks like disaster with fire maybe if you should stay off the computer and install that thing the RIGHT way

yknotcarpentry said:
hey "live free or die" is New Hampshires licence plate motto so don't blame the entire eastern region....lol looks as if you meet clearances to combustables as long as nothing falls over ;)

Unfortunately, The "Live Free or Die" in NH is Dying a slow death...too many flatlanders moving in bringing their "entitlement mentalities" with them....don't get me going :)

I have the same stove as Hooser and having the pellets that close to the stove is not a problem.
The sides of the stove are only warm.
The side clearence in the manual is only 4".
You can put the stove into a closet as long as you have 4" of clearence on three sides with the front open.

I'm more concerned with the un ironed curtains like bill mentioned. lol

We dont all live with the Mr. Cleaver everything is perfect type of installs....lol..... u go kroos! looks good to go! :)

krooser said:
no pane said:
i'm in love.

That's why my wife loves me so much.... I actually bought it out of the Nieman-Marcus Christmas catalog...
no kidding... and I thought harbor freight was awesome...

no pane said:
krooser said:
no pane said:
i'm in love.

no kidding... and I thought harbor freight was awesome...

Nah... I'm done with Horrible Freight after being disappointed with the drill press I bought there...

Attachments

• HFDRILL.jpg
    HFDRILL.jpg
    19.1 KB · Views: 322
Krooser,

Thanks so much for brightening my day with your pictures, your wit, and your wonderful sense of humor.

I will admit that a small part of me wanted to create yet another round of hysteria by mentioning the window behind the stove. :)

I can only hope, along with you, that your wife WILL come to appreciate the planning and work that went into the "rat rod" pickup.

What are your plans for the two door Ford sedan in the background? 37,38 or 39?? Can't see the grille clearly.

Ranger

bobva said:
WoW
I just noticed im a firestarter because I have low posts...........YOU are a master of fire that install looks like disaster with fire maybe if you should stay off the computer and install that thing the RIGHT way
the old Ranger said it Best "there's always seems to be someone out there who is willing to attempt to degrade someone's feeling of well being with negative comments"

Right on Krooser, you are what America is built upon. Depending on your own hard work to accomplish a chore and survive. Ya it may not be the most beautiful hearth, but its your hearth. I do love the rat rod truck. Happy heating.

MainePellethead said:
I'm more concerned with the un ironed curtains like bill mentioned. lol

We dont all live with the Mr. Cleaver everything is perfect type of installs....lol..... u go kroos! looks good to go! :)

That's how we do things "behind the ironed curtains".... a little Commie humor for ya....

Regarding those "rat rod" comments... geez you really know how to hurt a guy. I thought my ride compared favorably to some real high dollar professional rides....

huh.jpg

You say the stove is used?? I thought you bought it new from the Pellet Nazi? If no -- How do you get past the threshold of his store door without suffering a boot in your rear?

Sting said:
You say the stove is used?? I thought you bought it new from the Pellet Nazi? If no -- How do you get past the threshold of his store door without suffering a boot in your rear?

I bought it from the Soup Nazi...

soup nazi says "NO SOUP FOR YOU!", think you'll have room on the top of your stove for that pellet machine? You could use the window for OAK.
I'm not "shocked" by your install. I've seen FAR SCARIER installs. Like sticking a piece of single wall flex out the window with a blanket stuffed around it for insulation. There's "frugal", theres "minimalist" (like what i'd say you have), and there's "crackhead".

Delta-T said:
soup nazi says "NO SOUP FOR YOU!", think you'll have room on the top of your stove for that pellet machine? You could use the window for OAK.
I'm not "shocked" by your install. I've seen FAR SCARIER installs. Like sticking a piece of single wall flex out the window with a blanket stuffed around it for insulation. There's "frugal", theres "minimalist" (like what i'd say you have), and there's "crackhead".

Thanks... I think!

I would like to know how you got Boyd's picture in that photo, RIP Boyd.

Technically his install is ok. The hearth is non-combustible, it is vented horizontally at least a foot below the window, and the pellets are probably 6 inches from the side of the stove.
Is that a small shop-vac you use to clean out the stove? I would be worried about getting hot ashes into a vacuum cleaner that stores the contents in plastic. I have an old Filter Queen that I got for $7 at an estate auction. I use that to vacuum out my ashes because the contents go into a metal canister. Then I dump them outside right away just to be safe.
But if you would have a fire the insurance company might try and use any excuse not to pay.

Status
Not open for further replies.