This seems dangerous

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mtneer

Mar 29, 2011
huntington, wv
It looks like you would have to feed this thing constantly so it doesn't burn outside the stove. Then there's the seasoning issues and the fact that you have the better part of an ENTIRE TREE in your house.

http://dornob.com/stop-chopping-logs-cylindrical-stove-burns-whole-trees/#axzz2wgN3S2zD

wood.jpg

Reactions: Ashful
Dangerous and pointless. That's been on here before. Get one for all the perfectly straight 6" trees you have on hand then use your other stove for everything else. Make sure you have two people to pick up the "log" and set it up on the carriage. What a time saver. Oh and keep your fire extinguisher handy in case the tree slips off end with the wheeled frame and knocks the whole stove over. Love to know how many get sold, hurry up and get yours before they sell out :rolleyes:.

Until I clicked the link, I thought it was some sort of artistic display.

(Typical modernism. If you create something that doesn't work; just call it art.)

To add a little perspective.

7e5b75_9308b40bb5b23eb848e757ab22e3afee.jpg_srz_p_400_300_75_22_0.50_1.20_0.00_jpg_srz

Stupidest thing I've seen in a while. Let's say you leave the house for 2 hours (anybody ever do this???)....The internal log burns up and hot coals are on the external log...so, you have a gigantic cigarette in the room???

Reactions: Hills Hoard
I figured it was just a joke ... no one could invent something that stupid ... well other than the singing bass.

I figured it was just a joke ... no one could invent something that stupid ... well other than the singing bass.
Wait a moment here, as it turns out... Billy Bass is just the thing to have for scrimg off them hard core burglars!! Lol

Singing fish helps scare off would-be burglar
Cox Media Group Web Staff

ROCHESTER, Minn. —

Big Mouth Billy Bass apparently got the best of a would-be burglar in Minnesota.

Authorities in Rochester say the motion-activated singing fish apparently scared off an intruder who tried to break into the Hooked on Fishing bait and tackle shop.

The novelty bass had been hung near the door and would start singing "Take Me to the River" whenever someone entered the shop.

The Olmsted County Sheriff's Office says the fish was found on the floor after the intruder knocked it down while breaking the door to get in late Sunday or early Monday.

"When I saw Billy Bass on the floor I knew something was really up," Shop owner Tom Allen told Rochester TV station Fox47. "And when I tried to close the door and it wouldn't close at all I just knew that Billy Bass had done his job, and let somebody know that it wasn't just empty or something."

Sgt. Tom Claymon tells the Star Tribune the would-be burglar left without stealing anything, including cash that had been left in "a very visible spot." There was about $700 in damage to the door.

The bass "took one for the team," Claymon said. "There were plenty of things to take but nothing was missing … including Billy Bass.

Last edited:
So some one would actually buy or even look at something from a website called doorknob? Like a bad car wreck I had to look but that is a poor excuse for a wood stove/ prison ****.

Wow.......just wow.

That takes up a lot of room to be a very small heater. I don't think I will ever purchase a wood burning product that leaves a large portion of the fuel charge hanging out into the room.

Dick Hills wood furnace (and Jetstreams)sort of had the same concept but far better executed. Fire wood was put into a vertical hopper and burned from the bottom up with the logs constantly dropping down as the bottom burned off. Of course his logs were in a water cooled jacket and the boiler had and ID fan so there wasn't a concern that the log would burn back into the room.

Reminds me somewhat of a fraternity at UMaine when I was going to college. Kappa Sig brothers had an old couch to get rid of and a fireplace. After I expect more than a few beers, they decide to stick the end of the couch into the fireplace and move it inwards as it burned. They ended up burning the entire frat house to the ground, I think they only thing they salvaged was the front door.

Is anyone else thinking that this really only works with small poles like that? If you had a log of anything substantially larger than the example shown, it seems like the stove would just go out? If you have the resources to limb a log of that size to work with this stove in the first place, it's not much of a stretch to buck it as well? I just can't imagine a niche where someone would have access to enough wood of basically that shape and size (and would need to be fairly perfectly round too, no?) in the volume needed for heating one's home.

I once knew a guy who's father decided that rather than carrying the dried-up christmas tree through the house and dropping dries pine needles all over the house, he would just stick the top of the christmas tree into the fireplace and feed it in as it burned.

They saved the house but lost the carpet.

They were able to extinguish the fire before the carpet really got burning good. Smoke damaged the whole house and scared the hell out of the family.

It seems he did not appreciate that dried pine needles are really good fire starters!

Stupidest thing I've seen in a while. Let's say you leave the house for 2 hours (anybody ever do this???)....The internal log burns up and hot coals are on the external log...so, you have a gigantic cigarette in the room???

hey, nothing worked perfectly the first time. i think your grand kids maybe sitting around thier log feeders and saying what dopes we were for loading splits one at a time.

To add a little perspective.

7e5b75_9308b40bb5b23eb848e757ab22e3afee.jpg_srz_p_400_300_75_22_0.50_1.20_0.00_jpg_srz
Aww... so cute!

The one guy has a beard, a'la Norm Abrams / Al Borland. That is TV's way of telling us he must know what he is doing.

ridiculous idea...It stinks of a university project that's trying to fix a problem that inst there.

"Stop chopping logs"?????....There are many reasons we process wood (seasoning, space, easy to stack, different sized splits if you want, safe sizes for your fire)....and we have the tools to do so (splitters, chainsaws)...

the thing that cracks me up with this, and its kinda ironic...you would need to process the log to a certain point anyway before you could use it...so why not do a few extra cuts?

the thing that cracks me up with this, and its kinda ironic...you would need to process the log to a certain point anyway before you could use it...so why not do a few extra cuts?

that's where the whole tree stove comes in...

Status
Not open for further replies.