This should keep me busy

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

infinitymike

Minister of Fire
Aug 23, 2011
Long Island, NY
This is the same guy I stopped on the road 2 years ago.
I saw him with a full load on Friday and stopped him again.
He said he couldn't drop that load but would come by today with one.

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

Nice

Holy smokes! What a score. I guess I made a mistake of moving from Long Island to CT. Good for you, just do me a favor and stop posting this pictures. :) :). Just kidding.

Looks like you have yourself a bumper crop of Norway maple there.

Oak, Maple and a few pieces of sycamore

Thats one heck of a truck that guy's got. He must do a good business.
You found yourself a good buddy there!!
That sure looks like a Pot Of Gold sittin there...

Thats one heck of a truck that guy's got. He must do a good business.
You found yourself a good buddy there!!
That sure looks like a Pot Of Gold sittin there...

A pot of 9+ cords of gold.

I'd be sending him Christmas cards and a bottle Scottish Whiskey. Fancy like.

Christmas Cards...sure
Whiskey!!!....I don't think so.:)

I gave the driver $20

Truth is, I saved that owner a few hundred in dump fees.
And the driver made a 20 spot while still on the clock.

Nice haul. Maybe you can get the guy (and the saw) that cut the root flare of that big maple _g. Nice clean single cut it looks to be. That's gonna be fun to horse around.

Nice haul. Maybe you can get the guy (and the saw) that cut the root flare of that big maple _g. Nice clean single cut it looks to be. That's gonna be fun to horse around.

I actually had him take one piece back.
It was just stupid.
It was a piece twice the size and must have been where the tree divided into 6 more trunks:eek:

Honestly, I know it was free and all, but there are a lot of lengths that are just an odd dimension.
My ultimate round is 24" long.
My Wood Gun takes 24's real nice as does the splitter and my wood storage racks
But there are pieces that just won't work right.
Either I will have a 6-8" cookie or I will have to buck them at 18-20"

I know beggars can't be choosey

But I wasn't beggin, I just took it sight un seen.

Honestly, I know it was free and all, but there are a lot of lengths that are just an odd dimension.
My ultimate round is 24" long.
My Wood Gun takes 24's real nice as does the splitter and my wood storage racks
But there are pieces that just won't work right.
Either I will have a 6-8" cookie or I will have to buck them at 18-20"

I know beggars can't be choosey

Thats the one thing I dislike about getting tree man chunks. Too many odd ends. Logs are better with only one odd piece per.

I actually had him take one piece back.
It was just stupid.
It was a piece twice the size and must have been where the tree divided into 6 more trunks:eek:

When getting one of my first log loads there s a log like that on the truck. I asked about it, and he said, "You don't want that. Get those other logs cut up and call me for more if you want more"

I almost had him take this back but he had his boom put away and was climbing off the seat.

It splits to two trunks on the other side but it relatively a straight grain piece.
It's just so big.

image.jpg

Nice problem to have pieces you don't want :)

I had a trunk split once that was hollow and filled with ants - wish I'd sent that one back, there was so much dirt inside I couldn't get a clean cut. Too big for me to load to take to the transfer station as well. Finally got through it... in fact I think I may well be burning pieces of that one now, heh.

Love it !!!!!.....good luck

Nice Mike. It should all split nicely with perhaps the exception of that sycamore but not much of that so you should be fine.

Reactions: infinitymike
Wow! Thats a couple of years' worth, there! :eek:

Wow great score! That big branching piece isnt so bad, just cut it in half and get to noodlin ::-)

Status
Not open for further replies.