This Stove Will Not Win Any Awards

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

isipwater

Feeling the Heat
Jun 6, 2013
Southeastn, AZ
Here is a stove designed by someone who doesn't want to buck and split their firewood.

So many problems.

Click below for article:
http://www.treehugger.com/sustainab...rning-stove-michiel-martens-roel-de-boer.html

Spruce-Stove-Michiel-Martens-Roel-de-Boer-1.jpeg.662x0_q100_crop-scale.jpg

Reactions: Grisu
;lol;lol;lol

I guess on a WAF-scale of 1 to 10 that scores a negative 100.
I am just trying to picture me getting a whole tree trunk in our living-room. :eek:

Looks like a big pencil sharpener.

Reactions: stoveliker
i love this idea. Remember, they laughed at Jules Verne. :)

Where is the feeder conveyor?

Hmm... well at least put it at an angle on rollers so that it can gravity feed!

So, how long would it take to dry out the whole tree eh? At least they don't seem to mind burning a softwood there.

yule log anyone

Certainly no debate about whether better to load N-S or E-W.

And trying to get the kids to bring in a load of wood for the night is also out of the question.

Where is the feeder conveyor?

You can't tell from the photo but it dosen't need a conveyor, it has a 300' flue so once you get it hot the draft sucks the log in. It can be regulated by the damper.!!!

Reactions: Jags
Hm. Actually, it might win ONE award. The Darwin Award.

It looked someones idea of art for a moment. To think its real is scary.

I just had a "Why didn't I think of that" moment. ;lol;lol

I guess on a WAF-scale of 1 to 10 that scores a negative 100.
I am just trying to picture me getting a whole tree trunk in our living-room. :eek:

You don't put the tree in your living room, you cut a hole in your wall.

Finally, an auto loading stove.

Reactions: BrotherBart
Finally! A way to burn a whole green tree! I bet the OWB crowd will go gaga over that! ;lol

who walks through their house with tree length? too funny!

Last edited:
Now you can get rid of those VCs! And think of the time you can save bucking and splitting without 3 stoves to worry about!

The main gallery in my home starting at the foyer is 80'.

I can now accept 80' splits! Eff yeah!

Imagine how folks that have that stove will dry their tree length, or better yet, request dead standing from their supplier.

I just looked at the website and saw the tree length rack for "in waiting" trees. It looks like you need a free 18' wall for trees

And the creator of this gem was able to make it on the cheap too, a 55 gallon drum and some single wall. I'm guessing the 'tree stand' would cost more to make

Tree length firewood, hmmm, sounds like a biatch to split! (yeah yeah yeah, I know, Fiskars will do it, right?!) ;lol

Here, found ur splitter...
monster-splitter-001.jpg

:eek: ;lol

Status
Not open for further replies.