This thing is awesome!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bfunk13

Minister of Fire
Sep 11, 2008
Wyoming
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hhmKBDIAXd0&feature=grec_index[/youtube]

GEEZ! Talk about starting your own business!!!!! If I had 500 acres, and plenty of rotational planting going on, THAT bugger would be a neat advantage.

Couple of potential rough spots I see are:

A) When the wood is being pushed thru the splitter frame, I wondered if it ever jams up.
B) They DON'T show you all the prep that goes into the trunk preparation BEFORE it's fed thru the machine
C) There is STILL probably a fella on the end of the line, stacking wood
D) The control levers seemed a bit close together. The fella had to be careful how he put his hand to the lever.
E) I wonder how gunked up this machine got, after a couple days (or even a single day) of use?

-Soupy1957

This may help!

I didn't understand what that roller-tumbler thing was all about.

Other than that it looks like a guy could get fat and out of shape running one of those.

Sure looked to me like it could be run faster. The operator was waiting until the ram returned all the way to it's home position before cutting the next piece, I don't see why that was necessary. I say cut it while the ram is run, then when it returns home the piece will drop down. Then you're only limiting by the cycle time of the ram.

Black Jaque Janaviac said:

Other than that it looks like a guy could get fat and out of shape running one of those.

The roller tumbler thing is to remove any loose bark or debris before it falls into the wood truck.
There are four of them operating up here. Pretty slick unit. The operators of these guys sell the split wood for $225-$250 a cord delivered and dumped. $200 or so not split. I process my own for $65 a cord log length not delivered.

Black Jaque Janaviac said:
The only thing I could think of was that it's to pull apart any pieces stuck together by "strings"? Maybe it just looked cool lol.
12 way wedge :gulp: That might even beat the mighty Fiskars :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.