This was interesting until i priced one out

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think its over $1000 shipped, I could buy a really nice used garden tractor and cart for alot less, but it looks real cool
Hmmmm, not sure where you can get a true garden tractor for less than a grand. Even used. Maybe a lawn tractor.

Anyway, the WHaTS look okays, but what about going uphill? Unless you're the HULK. ;lol
Or even DOWNHILL......look out below!_g

Seems like a heavy duty wheel barrow. I'd pass. Give me something with a MOTOR. ;)

Reactions: mike van
Hmmmm, not sure where you can get a true garden tractor for less than a grand. Even used. Maybe a lawn tractor.

Anyway, the WHaTS look okays, but what about going uphill? Unless you're the HULK. ;lol
Or even DOWNHILL......look out below!_g

Seems like a heavy duty wheel barrow. I'd pass. Give me something with a MOTOR. ;)
there is a post here where someone bought a used case 444 in my state, I would consider that a good garden tractor.

I was thinking something like this
http://hartford.craigslist.org/grd/4470205684.html

That video makes my back hurt just watching it. The guy is bent over splitting and loading the cart.:rolleyes:

Why would you split, load on a cart and move to the wood pile to unload? Move the wood to the wood pile along with the splitter, split and put on the stack directly.

Yup that was me with the Case 444. You can get a really rugged garden tractor for under a grand if you keep an eye out and don't mind an old one. Mine is 43 years old and can still pull 2k lbs

Any load can be balanced on an axle. The trick is starting, stopping, and negotiating hills. Even a small grade can be big trouble for a balanced yet massive load.

Reactions: Bigg_Redd
A 4 wheel dump cart would be better than that and much cheaper.
My electric splitter is in a permanent fixed position, not to far from where I stack, splits Never touch the ground, they go from the splitter to the 2 wheel dump cart and then over to get stacked

It'd be a little better with a small briggs or a 2 stroke engine to make it self propelled. I'll stick with my partially restored Wheel Horse garden tractor and trailer that I picked up for $550 total.

For the times I can't get equipment in to a spot, or its going to mess up a a pretty lawn I have a 2 wheeled wheelbarrow motor driven, with the biggest tub available. I can load it up and as long as I can pick up the back end it will pull me and the load anywhere. advantage here is I can get it back in the truck on top of a load. Course there are times /soil conditions where nothing but pure grunt is the only solution. As always it nice to have the little 4x8 trailer along so between the truck bed and the trailer just about a cord a trip.

Attachments

• all pics 200.jpg
    all pics 200.jpg
    197.7 KB · Views: 119
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.