This website is killing me...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kennyp2339

Minister of Fire
Feb 16, 2014
hey guys, I'm currently laid up for a few days, I was rushing and decided that running up the basement stairs would be a way to save time, (yes running up the stairs) I tripped and took all the impacted on my right knee cap. It promptly turned blue and I developed a baseball on my knee. The girl friend who was less than impressed made the executive decision to take me to the ER, on the account that I couldn't walk or even put my socks on, turns out that I popped the knee cap out, and stained / possibly tore my ligaments. I have to wear a leg stabilizer and keep my leg elevated for the next couple days (no work, no house work, only tv and hearth.com lol) This couldn't have happened at a worse time, Im in the process of installing my new chimney from the basement and now I just have holes in my ceilings (luckily not my roof) This looks like the last warm week before the "big chill" comes in, this sucks, and what stinks even more is coming on here and watching everyone else get stuff done.. lol I'm just kidding around, this website is going to keep me from going insane while im in the couch. I'll be around 24/7 next couple of days if anyone needs me (in between the medicine that keeps putting me asleep)

Reactions: Bigg_Redd
Or a Fiskars !!!

Reactions: n3pro and kukuna
image.jpg There is a silver lining in the darkest of clouds... Lol

Reactions: 7acres
image.jpg image.jpg

Well - at least it didn't happen during the summer!

"big chill" comes in
Well, somebody's gotta be there to keep the stove rockin'... ;) Seriously, that sucks. Get well soon. Last good day here for a while, I need to get that outside stuff done today. :oops:

I did the same thing to my knee 14 months ago. Result wasn't quite as bad as yours, but I had bruised i really bad. Still feeling it moving wood around the yard this spring. You are gonna feel that for a long time to come. Be prepared to alter you movements for a while.

Get well soon.

Woodstove , tv ,cold beer in the fridge , relax ,your in heaven and don't realize it . get well soon

Mark, you are absolutely right, (minus the beer due to meds) The girlfriend asked how I was doing all cooped up now, I said believe it or not - I haven't felt this relaxed in years, minus the pain and limping around I think I needed this injury to force me to rest. My mental health has improved so much, (not that it was bad before) it just felt like I would sleep, eat, work, sleep; repeat. My boss at work even said take the whole week off, get better and don't worry about this place. So in the end I feel like i've been reborn, refocused.

Status
Not open for further replies.