1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

This weekends cutting/splitting

Post in 'The Wood Shed' started by peterc38, Oct 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. peterc38

peterc38 Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Maine
    Yesterday was the first saturday in a while I had no other commitments and the weather was cooperative so I got some cutting and splitting done.

Took a chunk out of a grapple load I got a couple weeks ago.

I never get sick of cutting firewood w/ the MS 361.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. CowboyAndy

CowboyAndy New Member

Loc:
    Chateaugay, NY
    do you work by yourself, or does someone help you?

i personally like splitting more than cutting. something about the sound when a nice piece of maple cracks open...
  3. peterc38

peterc38 Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Maine
    I work by myself. I like splitting a lot too. it's nice when you really get into a rythmn splitting and tossing 'em on the pile.
  4. CowboyAndy

CowboyAndy New Member

Loc:
    Chateaugay, NY
    wow, thats alot to do on your own! i have my 2 older kids helping. they rotate turns running the handle and grabbing the split wood and throwing onto the pile. they are 10 and 13 and are pretty good workers (when you bribe them).
  5. ccwhite

ccwhite Member

Loc:
    Steubenville, OH
    That's what I do too. I have 13 year old twin boys. They are really getting to the age to be very helpful. They still get distracted easy and I have to remind them of what they are supposed to be doing :mad: But I love cutting with them. I cut and they split and load in the trailers and we usually take it to the house together to stack it.
  6. Tony H

Tony H New Member

Loc:
    N Illinois
    Nice pile of wood , I hear those tractors just about do the work for you! Got to get me one someday .
    I also do a some of the cutting and all the splitting solo, my FIL likes to find wood and help me cut it. Works fine for me I bet he rounded up 5 or more cords worth this past summer. I have been fairly impressed how fast the splitting goes when you have the wood stacked ready to go and get flying along.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.