This weekends cutting/splitting

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

peterc38

Feeling the Heat
Sep 10, 2009
Maine
Yesterday was the first saturday in a while I had no other commitments and the weather was cooperative so I got some cutting and splitting done.

Took a chunk out of a grapple load I got a couple weeks ago.

I never get sick of cutting firewood w/ the MS 361.

IMG_0745.jpg

IMG_0746.jpg

do you work by yourself, or does someone help you?

i personally like splitting more than cutting. something about the sound when a nice piece of maple cracks open...

I work by myself. I like splitting a lot too. it's nice when you really get into a rythmn splitting and tossing 'em on the pile.

wow, thats alot to do on your own! i have my 2 older kids helping. they rotate turns running the handle and grabbing the split wood and throwing onto the pile. they are 10 and 13 and are pretty good workers (when you bribe them).

CowboyAndy said:
wow, thats alot to do on your own! i have my 2 older kids helping. they rotate turns running the handle and grabbing the split wood and throwing onto the pile. they are 10 and 13 and are pretty good workers (when you bribe them).

That's what I do too. I have 13 year old twin boys. They are really getting to the age to be very helpful. They still get distracted easy and I have to remind them of what they are supposed to be doing :mad: But I love cutting with them. I cut and they split and load in the trailers and we usually take it to the house together to stack it.

Nice pile of wood , I hear those tractors just about do the work for you! Got to get me one someday .
I also do a some of the cutting and all the splitting solo, my FIL likes to find wood and help me cut it. Works fine for me I bet he rounded up 5 or more cords worth this past summer. I have been fairly impressed how fast the splitting goes when you have the wood stacked ready to go and get flying along.

Status
Not open for further replies.