This weekends haul

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bocefus78

Minister of Fire
Jul 27, 2010
Just Outside Indy
I went down to deer camp this weekend to do some mowing, and some cutting of course. The food plots got weed wacked (clover planted early this year is growing nicely thanks to the warm spring we have had so far). I was running short on camp wood and I had a bunch of stuff already down in the woods that needed to come out before it gets too hot. The stacked wood is the camp wood (mixture of whatever was dead and burnable by camp standards) and the mound of rounds is a mixture of beech, hard maple, with a little sycamore and tulip (poplar). It wont get burned untiI at least 2014-15 season. I still have at least this much down and ready to come out on the little JD 130. It doesnt like wet ground, so I have to wait for dry conditions to even get to it.

Attachments

• IMAG0750 (Medium).jpg
    IMAG0750 (Medium).jpg
    99.1 KB · Views: 189
  • IMAG0753 (Medium).jpg
    IMAG0753 (Medium).jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 136
The stacked stuff looks like solid & pretty dry wood.
Good BTUs
See any turkeys while you were there?

Get a set of chains on that little Jd...... Hope there's a spot with my name on it come Nov.:)

Reactions: mecreature
The stacked stuff looks like solid & pretty dry wood.
Good BTUs
See any turkeys while you were there?

Thats actually why I was there! Our turkey season opened last Wed. I didnt see any on my property. The neighbor jellyheaded one on Wed. On Thursday morning, I was on some state property down the road and had one gobbling pretty good. That is, until 2 yahoo's decided to come walking thru blowing a mouth call like a kazoo. He shut up after that.

Jay, I got permisson for 47 more acres of private that I adjoin too. I'm sure I can put ya up. Better get good with those bang sticks....I don't tolerate emptying the gun at running animals. :)

Reactions: smokinj
Thats actually why I was there! Our turkey season opened last Wed. I didnt see any on my property. The neighbor jellyheaded one on Wed. On Thursday morning, I was on some state property down the road and had one gobbling pretty good. That is, until 2 yahoo's decided to come walking thru blowing a mouth call like a kazoo. He shut up after that.

Jay, I got permisson for 47 more acres of private that I adjoin too. I'm sure I can put ya up. Better get good with those bang sticks....I don't tolerate emptying the gun at running animals.
:)

lol, WITH THE PRICE OF SAB's I can only afford one shot! ;)

Reactions: mecreature
Looks like a great spot.
This spring has been like no other I have seen.

where abouts are you there.

Looks like a great spot.
This spring has been like no other I have seen.

where abouts are you there.

Im in Owen Co.... Halfway between Cloverdale and Spencer.

lol, WITH THE PRICE OF SAB's I can only afford one shot! ;)

Your not kidding! $3+ per round is just ridiculous. My muzzleloader isn't much cheaper!

Reactions: smokinj
Status
Not open for further replies.