This Winter's Forecast!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
We are still high 80s and pretty humid here to. I too am done with summer heat. But what would anybody expeect from a bunch of guys who get together to talk about burning wood for heat? Not like this is a wood air conditioning site. :)

lukem said:
I'll take anything over this:

Current conditions (central Indiana).

Fair

93 °F
(34 °C)
Humidity: 66 %
Wind Speed: SW 10 MPH
Barometer: 29.94" (1013.1 mb)
Dewpoint: 80 °F (27 °C)
Heat Index: 112 °F (44 °C)

You read that right...heat index 112*. It is unbearable.

This A.M. was nice until it rained! but the heat is on now!

Beautiful here in the high desert country of central Oregon. 80°F's daytime, 50°F's nighttime. Nice low humidity. Open the windows at night, close 'em in the mid-morning. Don't need no stinking A/C...don't even have one installed. It's great to be average. I get really tired of being above or below average. %-P Working on getting the seasoned wood into the shed or otherwise under cover for the coming season. Things are going quite well. Rick

fossil said:
Beautiful here in the high desert country of central Oregon. 80°F's daytime, 50°F's nighttime. Nice low humidity. Open the windows at night, close 'em in the mid-morning. Don't need no stinking A/C...don't even have one installed. It's great to be average. I get really tired of being above or below average. %-P Working on getting the seasoned wood into the shed or otherwise under cover for the coming season. Things are going quite well. Rick

That sounds perfect! Maybe I should relocate.

When it comes to weather my own philosophy is what will be, will be . . . I don't get too worked up about the prognosticating and weather guessing . . . heck . . . I don't get too worked up about the weather when it happens . . . if it rains, I'll wear rain coat or stay inside . . . if it snows, I'll wear my winter jacket and make sure the plow is on the ATV . . . if it is hot, I'll go for a swim or turn on a fan or AC . . . never been the type to panic every time a blizzard is forecasted -- never felt the need to stock up on batteries, bottled water and bleach every time the weather guessers say there is a bad storm.

Fact is . . . it doesn't matter what this winter is like (although for the record I'm leaning towards Delta's line of thinking . . . maybe not a wicked cold winter, but it would be nice to get some decent snow cover for both sledding and the insulative properties) . . . fact is I have wood and I have oil . . . I have a 4WD vehicle . . . I have a generator . . . so this winter, like every other winter, is the same . . . I'm ready for either a mild winter or a severe winter . . . it makes no difference to me.

Blimp is also right . . . this summer so far has been quite nice . . . warm, but not too warm . . . warm enough to swim, but not warm enough so you're sweltering . . . haven't ran the AC much . . . but the garden is doing very well this year . . . last summer was a bust with a lot of cold and rain and the garden was pretty sad looking.

Frenchville, Maine is in Canada . . . hehheh . . . been up there more than a few times . . . co-worker has a house he rents out to sledders . . . I'll have to tell him he has a house in Canada. :)

People and weather . . . we're funny critters. In the summer when it's hot we pine away about how hot it is and wish it was cooler . . . and then in the dead of winter we cry about how cold we are and wish it was hot.

I NEVER cry about the cold and wish for hot weather in the winter. Ask me again in February and will say the same thing as I put another log on the fire.

I will say it "I hate winter" thats why I cut wood so I do not freeze my @ss off....Full wind at my place and it will cut you down no wind blocks for better than a 1/2 mile. Plowing snow fun, watching a big storm roll in fun, and put the furance to the test is fun, but after x-mass I am over it...

Status
Not open for further replies.