1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

This Winter's Weirdly Warm Weather Explained

Post in 'The Inglenook' started by chrissy, Jan 12, 2012.

1. chrissy

chrissy New Member

Loc:
    DE

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. stejus

stejus Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Central MA
    Interesting view of what's happening out there... so much for the farmer's almanac. Predicting the future is not a guarentee, explaining current conditions is!
  3. kenny chaos

kenny chaos Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Rochester,ny
    From the article; "As for what's ultimately beneath the weather rut we're in, climate change is a tempting target but global warming is not necessarily to blame. In fact, a warmer world would cause warmer oceans, Weber said -- and an opposite pattern from what we're seeing. Other theories include low solar activity and melting Arctic ice."

So the explanation is anyone's guess? No kidding?
    Have a weather free day

;-)
    Kenny
  4. Fod01

Fod01 Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Long Island
    Its warm because my boss bought a snow-blower.
  5. woodchip

woodchip Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Broadstone England
    I reckon the unusual warmth here is proof of sod's law.......

I worked like mad getting masses of wood in last winter and Spring so I could have a huge stack for this one, which was forecast to be another cold one by our Met Office.

At least my huge wood stack is causing some amusement amongst the neighbours, who have noted it's not going down much...... ;-)
  6. rottiman

rottiman Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Ontario Canada
    Sitting next to my stove nice and cozy watchin the 49ers giving the Saints a ride. Thinking that with the outside temp. currently sitting @ -21 with a wind chill of -28 and the forcast saying -27 tonight, I must be missing the the warm winter phenom somehow.