1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

This would be a neat thing to have

Post in 'The Gear' started by They Call Me Pete, Jan 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. They Call Me Pete

They Call Me Pete Member

Loc:
    CT
    Except my wood is out on the deck but it I'd put it in the basement for sure if I had one of these. Then the wife could bring wood up and load the stove. WOW!!!

www.woodwaiter.com

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. bjorn773

bjorn773 Member

Loc:
    Rockford, Illinois
    Kinda cool, but my stove is in the basement. I chuck my wood in through a window well into a wood bin. Bet that thing is spendy.
  3. babalu87

babalu87 New Member

Loc:
    middleborough, ma.
    Kinda have one.
    Woodbox built of oak flooring scraps placed next to first floor window.
    Roll wheelbarrow over to between holly and rhododendron and I can fill the wood box without getting the carpet all dirty.
    Stove is about 4 feet to the right of that picture.

Attached Files:

4. begreen

begreen Mooderator Staff Member

Loc:
    South Puget Sound, WA
    Seems like an awful lot of expensive technology to supply a day's worth of wood.
  5. They Call Me Pete

They Call Me Pete Member

Loc:
    CT
    You know some gadget guy would buy it. I'll stick to my wheelbarrow/stack outside backdoor method.
  6. mikeyny

mikeyny Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    upstate ny
    GOT KIDS
  7. crazy_dan

crazy_dan New Member

Loc:
    Missouri
    I'm not sure that they are cost effective and they complain... lol
  8. mayhem

mayhem Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Peru, MA
    True it might seem like alot of money to some, but to others like me it could be a godsend. My wife loads the stove like a good girl during the day while I'm at work, but she never lets me forget that she has to haul it all up the stairs one piece at a time.

Problem I see (apart from cost or complexity) is that you might have a real hard time with building code violations. Dumbwaiters and laundry chutes are code violations since they effectively create chimneys in a house fire and can lead to a sever burn that spreads in half the time.
  9. Gooserider

Gooserider Mod Emeritus

Loc:
    Northeastern MA (near Lowell)
    What I do is use one of those two wheeled wood carts that I purchased from Harbor Freight (IMHO the best value and design of any of the carts of that style that I've seen - which was a bit of a surprise) and drag it up the stairs into the house, but 150-200 lbs/load is a bit much for most ladyfolks I'll admit. However what about attaching a winch to the wall at the top of the stairs, and using that to pull the cart up the stairs? (HF sells low cost electric lifts that work pretty well, and the 400lb capacity unit is often on sale for well under $100) It might be a great way to get the wood up with less effort and no major modifications to the house needed.

Gooserider
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.