This years cubex (any canadians?)

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

76brian

Feeling the Heat
Nov 5, 2011
Ottawa, Canada
gplus.to
I know it's still early, but has anyone burned any of this years cubex yet? Just wondering if they're as bad as they were last year. Nice and hot, but DIRTY. My local guy only offers Cubex and Granules LG, so I have a choice ($265 for Cubex and $245 for LG)

I have to make a choice before October 1st otherwise prices are going up.

my first time trying them out this year. opened one bag and noticed no dust so i think i should be happy. i bought 3 skids for now at $250. the LG's at HD has a lot of dust. you should check out the pellets at reno depot in gatineau, they recently had a sale on them.

Yeah there wasn't much dust in them but they burned dirty. Very hard dark ash, big clumps of it. I had 2 75 bag pallets of it, the first one seemed pretty good, the second was filthy.

Yeah there wasn't much dust in them but they burned dirty. Very hard dark ash, big clumps of it. I had 2 75 bag pallets of it, the first one seemed pretty good, the second was filthy.
i found the trebios at walmart made hard ash. time will tell if i'll be happy with cubex.

Well I pulled the trigger on another 3 tons of cubies for this year, getting them delivered tomorrow. I bought a couple bags from a local store in the past week and they were GREAT. I was worried when I dumped them in the hopper as they were VERY dark in color... but they seem to burn clean and long. Hopefully my 3 tons are the same :)

Status
Not open for further replies.