This years stack

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

xman23

Minister of Fire
Oct 7, 2008
Lackawaxen PA
This is what I bucked, split and stacked in the last few weekends. Actually I haven't done anything all summer. All blow down oaks from the woods out back of the cabin. This is a new start of my stack. There is another 100 feet like this at the other end, ready to burn. See if you can find my high tech wood stacking idea's.

image 6.jpeg

Looks interesting what size pvc and angle iron , or is that aluminum ?

Rather than the pvc, why not just cut some saplings in the woods. Even using some of the limbs you cut will work nicely. Basically no cost there.

Neat idea on the anchoring of the ends and it appears you've started a roof for the stacks.

John and Dennis
The angle is about 3 x 3 galvanized. It's 4' with slots ever 2 inches on side you can't see. I attached it to the two outer PVC pipes with a single stainless steel hose clamp. The PVC is 3 inch schedule 40.

I'm about 4 years ahead with the wood. My pellets are rotted on the bottom in that time. So about 3 years ago I came up with this no maintenance replacement. I have about 75 feet done so far. Yes it's pricey but saves a lot of work dealing with other methods.

I top cover up with brown tarps. The pitched roof frame sits on top of the wood. If you look close you can see strapping this supports the tarp so snow slides off. These made a huge difference to the life of the tarp. I have a new roof design coming soon.

Reactions: Backwoods Savage
Nice ideas there. I like the angle iron gizmo there.

Status
Not open for further replies.