This years wood is up and done!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remmy122

Jan 7, 2011
East NC
Finally got all my wood put up for the year, Its a mix of poplar, bradford pear, red oak, white oak, cherry, and locust.

The last pick is my helper, She needs to work on her stacking skills. Still seems to think the sticks are for her...

Attachments

• IMG-20111015-00111.jpg
    IMG-20111015-00111.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 704
  • IMG-20111015-00109.jpg
    IMG-20111015-00109.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 666
Looks good.
Lots of green in the background & grass.
The sticks are for her, they are for you to throw. :)

What I was thinking too. It's been trying to snow at my place all day today.

bogydave said:
Looks good.

Remmy, that is a good combination of woods for this winter. It should keep you warmed nicely.

NATE379 said:
What I was thinking too. It's been trying to snow at my place all day today.

bogydave said:
Looks good.
Still in the mid 70's low 80's during the day. gets cold at night though. love this time of year!

Had about 1/2" of snow this morning when I got up to take my pills (0430). It was all melted when I got out of bed around 10 though. (AND before I get hassled for getting up late I just finished working a week of 6PM-6AM and today was my first day back to my normal 3-11PM shift... I needed a bit of sleep)

NATE379 said:
Had about 1/2" of snow this morning when I got up to take my pills (0430). It was all melted when I got out of bed around 10 though. (AND before I get hassled for getting up late I just finished working a week of 6PM-6AM and today was my first day back to my normal 3-11PM shift... I needed a bit of sleep)

I'm a 11pm - 7am guy myself. I feel your pain.

pretty hard to find a better helper than that ;-) and cheap! just a scratch behind the ear :cheese:

nice stacks for sure..

loon

loon said:
pretty hard to find a better helper than that ;-) and cheap! just a scratch behind the ear :cheese:

nice stacks for sure..

loon

I dont know about cheap! about 2 years ago she tore her Mencius and acl. (I didnt know dogs had either of those) So she got the surgery.

A couple friends of mine found her and her brother in a ditch on a country road, I got her and a friend kept her brother. Been my best friend since! I have told every one I know that there's no such thing as a free dog!

Remmy122 said:
loon said:

nice stacks for sure..

loon

I dont know about cheap! about 2 years ago she tore her Mencius and acl. (I didnt know dogs had either of those) So she got the surgery.

A couple friends of mine found her and her brother in a ditch on a country road, I got her and a friend kept her brother. Been my best friend since! I have told every one I know that there's no such thing as a free dog!

oh i know Remmy ;-) ..not even gonna mention what Murphy cost me in his last few months.. :shut:

loon said:
Remmy122 said:
loon said:

nice stacks for sure..

loon

oh i know Remmy ;-) ..not even gonna mention what Murphy cost me in his last few months.. :shut:

We do what we do for our good friends . . . because they do what they do for us . . . to me . . . they're worth the cost.

Sure looks good down there, more than me it appears.

Shes good just dont wear a hat....

Did you ever try some of the apple in the smoker?

firefighterjake said:
loon said:
Remmy122 said:
loon said:

nice stacks for sure..

loon

We do what we do for our good friends . . . because they do what they do for us . . . to me . . . they're worth the cost.
Amen brother! I just wish they weren't so hard to loose :-S

Nice looking stacks Remmy and best looking helper in the world.

Remmy122 said:
Finally got all my wood put up for the year, Its a mix of poplar, bradford pear, red oak, white oak, cherry, and locust.

The last pick is my helper, She needs to work on her stacking skills. Still seems to think the sticks are for her...

Looks great Remmy122, her stacking skills look fine to me.

zap

Stump_Branch said:
Sure looks good down there, more than me it appears.

Shes good just dont wear a hat....

Did you ever try some of the apple in the smoker?

I can never tell how much wood you have put up, its all stacked in different places. The luxury I have here is that theres very few people who burn wood outside of an occasional fireplace. So when I pull up to a trash pile and start grabbing logs I get looked like Im insane and no one come back for the rest of the wood.

I cut it all up into "chunks" Havent had occasion to smoke recently, going to try it when it gets a bit cooler.

Your dad made some ribs that were pretty good when were up there.

Status
Not open for further replies.