Ashful Posted By Ashful, Mar 12, 2013 at 11:42 AM

1. Dakotas Dad

Dakotas Dad
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Mar 19, 2009
    Loc:
    Central Kentucky
    About 50 foot of stack.. so 50 x 4.5 x 1.5 / 128 = 2.6 cord or so.. but that includes what is on the porch rack, maybe a rick or so.. and as others have said.. house was much warmer than before wood heat. Can't guess what it would have cost to keep it as warm and comfy with the heat pump.. We started burning in late Oct, guess we will be done by 1st of april. Let the HP take care of any coolness from there.

2. Trilifter7

Trilifter7
    Feeling the Heat 2.
    NULL

Oct 19, 2012
    Loc:
    Beavercreek Ohio
    3 cords here. I'm conserving the last of my wood for this year now which is about half a face cord. I've been letting the house get cooler and only running the stove at night. Wish I could use some of the 6 cords CCS in the yard but its all too wet to burn this year. Next year should be a much more comfortable year for me.

3. bag of hammers

bag of hammers
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Jan 7, 2010
    Loc:
    Northern ON
    Same temps floating around here. This winter is a bit of a rude reminder that the last few winters were unusually easy around here. This will be an 8 month (possibly 9 - I've had fires in June in past years) heating season for us - just weekend burning though. No idea how many cords other that to say I freed up a couple smaller pallets - side by side they're probably a bit more than a full cord but that's just a very loose guestimate.

4. firefighterjake

firefighterjake
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Jul 22, 2008
    Loc:
    Unity/Bangor, Maine
    Still burning . . . and still have no idea of how much wood I've burned. Far less than I anticipated.

5. Swedishchef

Swedishchef
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Jan 17, 2010
    Loc:
    Quebec, Canada
    I see in that this morning it was -21 in Ottawa! Eeeeek.

6. WeldrDave

WeldrDave
    Feeling the Heat 2.
    NULL

Nov 14, 2012
    Loc:
    New Jersey
    3 cords of good stuff and 1/2 of some junk.

7. bag of hammers

bag of hammers
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Jan 7, 2010
    Loc:
    Northern ON
    Add a bit of wind to that and it sure makes for a nasty March break.

8. rideau

rideau
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Jan 12, 2012
    Loc:
    southern ontario
    Where are you in Tug Hill? Drive throug there all the time, from Adams to West Road to Whetstone Gulf. Have read that there are Hemlock in Tug Hill that are over 400 years old -- huge old trees. Some of the few trees in America that were here when the European settlers came....Have you ever seen them? Do you know where they are?

9. rideau

rideau
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Jan 12, 2012
    Loc:
    southern ontario
    More than a bit.

10. HotCoals

HotCoals
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Oct 27, 2010
    Loc:
    Rochester,Ny.
    I ride my sled there also..seen some nice trees there though i have no idea how old or anything.
    I want to ask him how the trails are because want to go there Saturday..about a 3 hour drive for me.
    But I can't pm him.

11. Jack Straw

Jack Straw
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Dec 22, 2008
    Loc:
    Schoharie County, N Y
    http://www.trailconditions.com/vbforum/forumdisplay.php?f=20

12. TX-L

TX-L
    Burning Hunk 2.
    NULL

Sep 1, 2010
    Loc:
    Tug Hill State Forest, NY
    I am down the road from Barnes Corners, you drive right by on Rt 177. I do not know where there are 400 year old trees, but there may be. Tug Hill is fairly expansive. I'll have to ask some of the old time hunters, fishermen, and trappers; they may have some insight.

I went one week ago, it was great. However, it got up to 50 last weekend, with rain and wind. There is still plenty of snow in the woods, on main and secondary trails. We just got about 4" of snow last night. I would imagine there are some slushy areas on the trails, but definately rideable. I don't know if they're still grooming, but should be. It's supposed to be cold right through the weekend, too. Lows down to +10::F.

MODS: Sorry about the thread hijack, I don't seem to have a PM capability on my computer. Back to your regularly scheduled programming.

13. HotCoals

HotCoals
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Oct 27, 2010
    Loc:
    Rochester,Ny.
    Hate to be off topic but your settings are stopping the pm when I click on ...start a conversation below your avatar..so it must be your settings on here.

14. n3pro

n3pro
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Aug 24, 2008
    Loc:
    Enola, PA (near Harrisburg the unknown Capitol.
    Pushing 3 cord.

15. embers aplenty

embers aplenty
    Burning Hunk 2.
    NULL

Mar 17, 2011
    Loc:
    East Tennessee
    I'm going to guesstimate right about 3 1/2 cords. I've been laid off this winter and kept a fire going in the garage a lot of the time or I wouldn't have burned but a little over 2.

Oil= Only a few bottles of husqvarna 2 stroke mix, and whatever I replaced from my Ford leaking. ;lol

16. Hogwildz

Hogwildz
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Nov 3, 2006
    Loc:
    Next to nuke plant Berwick, PA.
    somewhere around 3 to 3-1/2 cords, and growing if winter does let go of it's hold.

17. Huntindog1

Huntindog1
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Dec 6, 2011
    Loc:
    South Central Indiana
    So far the Vogelzang Performer used 8 ricks or what some call face cords. 4'x 8' x 18" long splits.

Never turned the baseboard electric on.

18. joescho

joescho
    Feeling the Heat 2.
    NULL

Feb 11, 2009
    Loc:
    Northeastern PA
    Started with 3 cords. I have one 4X8 stack left. Will probably last me about 3 weeks or so. When its gone, I'm done. Clean that puppy out and put my shorts on......:)

19. bag of hammers

bag of hammers
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Jan 7, 2010
    Loc:
    Northern ON
    Thursday is the 1st day of spring. Someone told me that last year we were @ 20 deg C (unseasonably warm) for the start of Spring. This year, we'll probably hit 0 deg C for a high, with snow all week. Shoveled the driveway today. No sign of grass (2 or more feet in the yard, snowbanks taller than me at the end of all the driveways on my street). I don't even know where my shorts are. What a roller coaster year for weather....

Swedishchef and chvymn99 like this.
  20. ironworker

ironworker
    Burning Hunk 2.
    NULL

Dec 3, 2011
    Loc:
    Upstate NY
    About 7 cords so far and can't say how much oil but not much, burning 24/7 in my 3200 sq ft center hall colonial with bonus room over garage.

21. Swedishchef

Swedishchef
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Jan 17, 2010
    Loc:
    Quebec, Canada
    Atleast you'll hit 0 for a high. I am at -9C. It was -27 with the wind yesterday! Brrrrr....

22. gmule

gmule
    Feeling the Heat 2.
    NULL

Feb 9, 2011
    Loc:
    Conifer Colorado
    4.5 cords of pine 0 propane.

23. Hiram Maxim

Hiram Maxim
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Nov 25, 2007
    Loc:
    SE Michigan
    Maybe 1 Cord so far....

With Natural gas being the lowest in years, and me being so damn busy..... I haven't been burning all that much:rolleyes:

24. num1hitter

num1hitter
    Member 2.
    NULL

Feb 9, 2012
    Loc:
    Reading, PA
    I am going to finish the season in the next couple weeks with about 3.5 cords burned heating 24/7 since mid December. 1700 sq bi-level heated with our insert and used <100 gallons of oil for hot water and supplemental heating.

25. velvetfoot

velvetfoot
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Dec 5, 2005
    Loc:
    Sand Lake, NY
    Yesterday, I estimated I had gone through 3.8 cords. It was also 5* F here.