Those must be some big trees CL

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bad Wolf

Minister of Fire
Hearth Supporter
Jun 13, 2008
Eastern CT
RED OAK TREES,
4 50ft tall Red Oak trees, 8 cords per tree, you cut down & take away, FREE! (203) 985-0211 Tom . North Haven, CT

Should have that done in about 10 years or so...lol

This is around 7 cords 55 inchs.

Attachments

• shorts.jpg
    shorts.jpg
    102.8 KB · Views: 479
A 50' tall red oak is not very big so it is doubtful you'd even get half what they say.

their 8 cord reference is probably to what a typical CL user refers to as a "face cord"
whatever that is...

I hate ads that do that.
I see them all the time, cord for firewood for $150 or so.
Then it results in about 2-3 emails of me asking WHAT ARE THE DIMENSIONS OF THE PILE.
Then them saying it equals a cord, then telling me I don't know what a cord is... proceeding by telling me that a cord is a pile 4'x8'x16"...

Hass said:
their 8 cord reference is probably to what a typical CL user refers to as a "face cord"
whatever that is...

I hate ads that do that.
I see them all the time, cord for firewood for $150 or so.
Then it results in about 2-3 emails of me asking WHAT ARE THE DIMENSIONS OF THE PILE.
Then them saying it equals a cord, then telling me I don't know what a cord is... proceeding by telling me that a cord is a pile 4'x8'x16"...

My bad read it wrong

Backwoods Savage said:
A 50' tall red oak is not very big so it is doubtful you'd even get half what they say.
My guess would be 4 cords for the whole mess. Just maybe.

wkpoor said:
Backwoods Savage said:
My guess would be 4 cords for the whole mess. Just maybe.

Thats my guess, I got some wood from a woman that had 11 oak trees cut down, good size trees, some about 30" and she ended up with a little over 7 cords total.

Ad fails to mention the trees are in a row, between two houses. No sweat, at least 20' on either side. Oopsie, the trees are 50'. Snap!

Let him pay $2k to drop them, then after he realizes he cant get rid of the wood, have him pay you to remove it.

Status
Not open for further replies.