Those with HI300...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TTigano

Jan 19, 2012
Southeastern, Ma
I can't say I'm overly excited at the door latch on these stoves...only adjustment is the removal of a couple washers to bring the door closer....also, anyone with this stove ever notice that the gasket on the left side of the door sits inside the cavity fir the latch? I wonder if air enters the stove there... Anyway just thought I would vent as the door adjustment aggravates me a tad...sorry to rant.

I haven't looked lately, but I think it can be moved up and down for some adjustment too.
There does seem to be a channel there.
My stove continues to be very controllable.

Yes mine is controllable also however I think the latch could be better designed. It is by no means "smooth".

Does yours have a "double click" when closing? I close my latch... As I'm closing I feel it pulling the door tighter then the door "pops" out a tad and comes away from the stove when the latch hook "sits" in the pin for the stove side of the latch....sorry if it's confusing but then if I push the latch a little bit more, it will seal but it's almost like a metal grind feel when I do it

I guess I could have a little of that effect, but I'm not focusing on it at all. The stove is running very well, it's very controllable, and there's no evidence of uncontrolled air coming in, so everything looks rosy.

Status
Not open for further replies.