Though the wall insatll help.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

eman5oh

Sep 24, 2010
Cortland NY
So I have installed a Airjet triple wall SS chimney system thought the wall in my house and am having trouble with getting the stove pipe to attache to the T snout that comes thought the wall. The pieces seem to be the same diameter. I have a 90 elbow and the big end slips right on the T-snout but the black stove pipe does not fit at all. When I was buying the stove pipe I noticed they had a slip joint section on the self, is this what I need to mate to the T snout? Also waht way should the seem go on a horizontal section on the top or bottom of the pipe? Thanks

The T has a starter section built into it, I purchased a slip adapter and it fit perfect. The 6spa or 6ss are for a thought the ceiling install from what I can see in the installation manual. The install is mostly done now. What do people use to seal the stove pipe sections?

Normally they don't need to be sealed. If the gap at the stove's flue collar needs to be sealed, furnace cement will fill small gaps, or some stove gasket will fill the larger gaps.

Status
Not open for further replies.