Thoughts on an MS311

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

NH_Wood

Minister of Fire
Dec 24, 2009
southern NH
Hey guys,

Friend has a ~ year old MS311 that he's not using and I asked if he'd be interested in selling it. What do you think is a fair $? Pretty little use on it. Thanks!

Cheers!

I just got rid of mine for $400, and I was surprised I got that much, I was not happy with it, too heavy and not very impressive, there are a lot better 60cc saws out there.

Ask $400 like ironworker got for his........ make sure the ad says 311 "farm boss".

Thanks guys - perhaps not the right saw to buy? Cheers!

Depends on what you're after. I don't think it has a lot to offer you. It's probably not going to impress you vs. your 039 unless you want the better Anti-vibe and fuel economy. Power will be the same or slightly less than that 039. If you really want to replace the 039 then you should be after a MS361(used) or MS362(new). Perhaps even a Husky 562XP.

sorry, I misread. Thought he wanted you to sell it. Like mastermech said, if I had an 039 I would have no interest in a 311

Okay - sounds good, I think I'll pass. He was thinking $325 - thought I might take it and flip to save for a big saw later. Wonder what I could get for it? Cheers!

Okay - sounds good, I think I'll pass. He was thinking $325 - thought I might take it and flip to save for a big saw later. Wonder what I could get for it? Cheers!
You could make a few beans on it if you picked it up for $325 and it looked new.

Hmmmmm.....doesn't seem like a good enough deal to be worth the effort. Thanks everyone! Cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.