thoughts on Austroflamm Wega pellet stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

1944Osage

Sep 12, 2009
Northern NM
New to the pellet scene I have a neighbor who wants to get rid of one of these for not much$$$. Any thoughts good or bad would be appreciated. It sparked my intrest by its shear size and seemingly good quality. I assume it must be older but can't figure out when they were made.

1944Osage said:
New to the pellet scene I have a neighbor who wants to get rid of one of these for not much$$$. Any thoughts good or bad would be appreciated. It sparked my intrest by its shear size and seemingly good quality. I assume it must be older but can't figure out when they were made.

There should be a test date on the stove somewhere. It will also contain the model number. Might be on the back or on the side and sometimes they hide them in the pellet hopper. Might also find the info inside one of the side panels. The parts for these stoves are very expensive and can be hard to get. If your not paying much for it it might be worth taking a chance on. I passed on a insert that was pretty cheap for the reason of the part situation and costs. Look on E-bay for parts as an idea of what they cost compared to other brand stoves. Most of the stove parts are expensive but not like the Austroflamm. I don't see many people on this forum that have them.

Bkins

Status
Not open for further replies.