Thoughts on Enviro Mini

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mikkeeh

Feeling the Heat
Dec 7, 2011
NE Ohio
I have a P43 in the basement. does a good job. Was thinking about a Mini in the DR......mostly for aesthetics. Its small footprint makes it appealing for the space I have. Just looking for some owner feedback! Thanks in advance

24 hrs and no responses...Hmm I thought Minis were a little more popular than that.. Guess that answers my question.

We have a mini burning in the showroom i like that it has a built in hearth pad...Makes the cost cheaper out the gate.....It does burn nice the only thing i dislike about it is it burn for 30 min after there is no call for heat and then starts to shut down.....Other then that awesome stove

We've had an enviro mini as our only heat source, in a mild climate in the Pacific Northwest, for three years. Just last week our pellet igniter went out. A new one was $130. That is our only major repair since we bought it. It heats our 800 square foot house nice.

We've had problems though with the pellet basket liner. It gets a hole burned in it every year. A nickle-sized hole on the right side (i've sent in pictures to this forum). We've had to replace the liner 4 times since we've bought the stove. It's been covered under the warranty, so we haven't had to pay the $100 to replace it.

I've heard our enviro mini is unique, and that no other enviro mini's have that problem. The enviro technician has recently been out to our house check the Mini for problems, like the ingiter staying on too long (nope, it tested fine), or other problems, but he couldn't find anything wrong.

It is interesting that a week after it was tested, the igniter stopped working. We did the replacement ourselves -- easy enough, but the part was expensive, $130.

We've also had other minor problems with the stove. The ash-door latch is stuck closed. We paid $30 for a new latch, but even the new latch doesn't work. We have to reach around from the inside and turn it with pliers. The gasket on the ash-pan fell off, and it didn't close well. It burned terrible until we fixed that (glued on a new gasket).

Last year, for a short time, the stove rattled terribly when the fan came on. We couldn't stand it. After some time investigating, we found that if we left the side-panel screws loose, the rattling stopped. Whew. It's quiet now.

So just some little problems, and a couple major repairs, in 3 years. Our dealer has told us no-more-free-pellet-liners, so we might have to start paying $100 a year to replace them. Who knows, maybe with the new igniter won't burn a hole in it anymore.

feather: Thanks for the info.......thats what Im looking for!

seems there's not too many owners here, anyways, been running a new Mini-A for about a month.... and it's workin like a champ!!

check out my list of other small footprinted stoves other than Mini-A.... some serious lookers!!

Ecoteck Fransesca
Bosca Spirit 500
Piazzetta Monia

Status
Not open for further replies.