Thoughts on 'personal' energy use

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think I could ever go vegan - and cheese and egg production still involves a lot of energy.

Cheese is pretty bad :confused: but eggs are pretty good, can be as good as fish. Low feed to produce good animal protein.

Vegan does not include cheese and egg. And they don't want to know the energy that goes into producing tofu.

Reactions: woodgeek
Oops sorry for the ramble. I will try to keep it shorter.

BG I never thought about the energy in tofu production, very interesting point...

No matter what we do it will have an impact on the planet. We don't need to walk on tip toes, but treading lightly and mindfully is a help.

Reactions: chrispr1
Payback on solar hot water depends alot upon time of life.
I got a 2 panel glycol unit installed (Thermodynamic) for about $5000, 4 years ago.
But I had 3 teenagers and 4 dogs with various hair habits. :)
So the payback compared to electric hotwater was short.

Reactions: isipwater
Status
Not open for further replies.