Thoughts on Pleasent Hearth stoves

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tbuff

Feeling the Heat
Dec 7, 2007
Central NJ
Hi all,

A friend of mine is looking for an economical wood stove and they stumbled across the Pleasent Hearth line. Thoughts on quality, etc?

Isn't that an Englander brand?

Do a search. I think there are several people that run them.

OK, I've seen them here...not up to Englander (or Drolet) quality levels. Probably would be a decent value if you could get it on sale for cheap, otherwise you could probably get an Englander for not too much more.

Reactions: tbuff
It appears that GHP gets the stoves from the old CFM plant in Huntington, Indiana and re-badged the stoves as "Pleasant Hearth" since SBI bought the "Century Hearth" name and assets in Canada.

It should pretty much be the same stove as a Century Heating stove.

Reactions: tbuff
It appears that GHP gets the stoves from the old CFM plant in Huntington, Indiana and re-badged the stoves as "Pleasant Hearth" since SBI bought the "Century Hearth" name and assets in Canada.

It should pretty much be the same stove as a Century Heating stove.

Thanks BB.

I have the old Century. It's the small version and the only difference I saw with the new Pleasant Hearth (1200 ft model) that I saw in Lowes is there are side shields on the newer stoves. I like the little stove, but the firebox is a bit small. The benefit that people seldom mention with these small stoves is the fast heat up time. You start feeling heat immediately since there is so little metal to heat up. Another benefit of this particular stove is the ash pan is absolutely huge. From the factory, these stoves allow a good amount of smoke to escape past the secondaries. I added a bit more firebrick on top of the secondaries to hold heat in the firebox and pressed kaowool into the spots where smoke was escaping without passing the secondaries. The stove burns much cleaner now.

Matt

Status
Not open for further replies.