thoughts on this chain sharpening product

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nico1986

Oct 18, 2013
Shirley ny
wanted to see what some of you vets think of this thing thanks guys

its a oregon product looks cool but does it chew through ur chain making u buy chains faster?

I don't like it. It grinds the TOP of the tooth to bring the edge back, not the face of the tooth. Unless the tooth was 3/16" thick or more, it will not have the life expectancy of a chain like the Stihl RS. And as the tooth gets progressively thinner (from sharpening), it will loose strength.

That's exactly what I thought it would do just wanted to see what the vets thought of it I'm a chef and I know the sell things u can slide ur knife through sharpens it In like ten seconds but some enough u will not have a knife to sharpen. It's always been better to use a wet stone specially when the knives I talk of r $200-$400 a piece. Seen the video and said that's just to easy and quick to be good for the chain. Thanks again

That's exactly what I thought it would do just wanted to see what the vets thought of it I'm a chef and I know the sell things u can slide ur knife through sharpens it In like ten seconds but some enough u will not have a knife to sharpen. It's always been better to use a wet stone specially when the knives I talk of r $200-$400 a piece. Seen the video and said that's just to easy and quick to be good for the chain. Thanks again

Zactly. I like good chefs knives too. I would never think of taking one out to my grinder.:cool:

(I wanna be a chef when I grow up).

Status
Not open for further replies.