Thoughts on Timberline chain sharpener?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

NH_Wood

Minister of Fire
Dec 24, 2009
southern NH
Hi guys,

I've been sharpening with a file now for the past 6 months and I've become pretty good - usually get a nice sharp chain, but the angles are not consistent. What do you all think about this sharpener? Pretty pricey, but I cut enough that I don't mind the $ too much. Just don't want to invest if there are some serious cons to the unit. Thanks! Cheers!

http://www.timberlinesharpener.com/

Its a nice tool but expensive and replacement bits are expensive too!

smokinjay said:

Yes - bits are $20. Definitely an investment, but would be nice to have consistent teeth. Thanks! Cheers!

NH_Wood said:
smokinjay said:

Yes - bits are $20. Definitely an investment, but would be nice to have consistent teeth. Thanks! Cheers!

I have that and can knock out 1000's of drive links a week. Without replacing anything yet. Theres good grinder's out there for the same money much faster and cheaper.

Status
Not open for further replies.