Thru Wall Fan

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Papelletman

Mar 17, 2014
Montgomery County, PA.
Does anybody use anything like this http://www.suncourt.com/ThruWall208.html ? Does it actually help get some of the warm air from the stove room to other rooms? I just installed my stove last week and love it so far, but looking at next winter I would like to get more of the living room air into the bedrooms.

Thanks, Dave

Does anybody use anything like this http://www.suncourt.com/ThruWall208.html ? Does it actually help get some of the warm air from the stove room to other rooms? I just installed my stove last week and love it so far, but looking at next winter I would like to get more of the living room air into the bedrooms.

Thanks, Dave

I'd say let things settle down a bit before you start cutting holes in the wall. Take a little time to drink a few beers and see how the house heats with your new stove. There is always time for cutting holes and adding vents and pass throughs. Just sayin.

My inlaws did this to get hot air from the wood stove into another room and it was completely pointless.

There are many threads on how to promote air movement within a house. Use the search feature at the top...

The problem with the thru-wall fans (I bought one and haven't used it) is that they do compromise fire and smoke protection of doors/walls for a bedroom. A fan on the floor pushing cool air from the bedroom toward the stove room during the daytime usually proves more effective.

Try many options before cutting holes....

Status
Not open for further replies.