1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Thumb for kubota

Post in 'The Gear' started by tim1, Feb 15, 2013.

1. tim1

tim1 Member

Loc:
    columbia river gorge,portland or
    I know you guys. no pictures, didn"t happen. My back needs all the help it can get. I put this thumb on my bh4690 backhoe to help with chores. Tim

Attached Files:

Gasifier and loon like this.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. bmblank

bmblank Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Michigan
    Nice. I think it needs hydraulics, but i can definitely see how its be useful, hydraulics or not.
  3. 711mhw

711mhw Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Western ME
    Yep! Work smarter not harder! Don't "squeeze" too hard until you know how much your "stiff leg" will take. Good Job!
    Gasifier likes this.
  4. tim1

tim1 Member

Loc:
    columbia river gorge,portland or
    I would have liked to have hydraulics, but this will do for my need. I agree on the squeeze factor, will go gently at first, if the stiff leg bends, go heavier. I used 1x2x3/16th tubing. The jaw is 2x2x1/4in. 1/2" plate under the dipper. Now for some logs! Tim
    Gasifier likes this.
  5. MasterMech

MasterMech Guest

I like it!
  6. Gasifier

Gasifier Minister of Fire

Loc:
    St. Lawrence River Valley, N.Y.
    Nice work Tim. You will love it. Some day when i have the money, oh wait - :rolleyes:, I am going to add hydraulics to my mechanical thumb. That will be nice. But that will work good for you. I use mine quite a bit. Great for large pieces of wood, logs, rocks, etc. You gotta use your noggin more.