Thumping Harman Accentra

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

glockshooter

Jan 2, 2010
Wilkes-Barre PA
I'm running the stove pretty solidly now, 4f outside, 85 in the stove room. I'm getting a reasonably consistent thump out of it, maybe every 4-5 minutes or so. It's a deep sound, it almost sounded like a car door outside. I can't narrow it down to feeding cycles or anything. I just cleaned within the last 2 weeks, everything looked good. Is there any chain drive I should be looking at? Any other suggestions?

Could possibly be pellets getting snapped off by the cutter or broken by the auger, mine sometimes makes a pretty loud noise when that happens. Also could be build up in the auger area getting the auger caught up in it and snapping it.

Status
Not open for further replies.