Tiara 1 - Thermostat install?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

hobbit

Dec 22, 2023
Massachusetts
I've got a Tiara 1 that was converted to LP. I'm trying to hook up a thermostat to control it, but the wires are confusing. There's a red wire with a female spade connection, brown wire with a male spade connection and a black wire with a female spade connection. Does anyone know how to hook a plain old thermostat up to this stove?

If there is a terminal block on the valve, it will be labeled TH, TP & TH - TP. The termial with the letters TH ( Thermostat) are where the wires need to be connected

If there is a terminal block on the valve, it will be labeled TH, TP & TH - TP. The termial with the letters TH ( Thermostat) are where the wires need to be connected
1000005429.jpg
1000005428.jpg
1000005427.jpg

I can read TP on the top terminal. That’s for one end of the thermopile. I can’t read the second one down, or the bottom one, but I’m willing to bet that they are the terminals you want. If the pilot is lit & you “ jump” them with a short piece of wire or a paper clip, the unit should come on. If it does, hook your thermostat there.

Thanks @DAKSY ! I found a wire that had come unhooked from the switch itself. Once I fixed that the thermostat, connected to the red and brown wires, worked a treat.

Reactions: DAKSY