Tiara II-B Pilot Assembly Removal/replacement

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

FredLa

Oct 14, 2022
Earth
I need to replace my Tiara II Pilot Assembly. I bought : NG Pilot Asy w/LP orifice p/n 842-4940.
Does anyone have the proper service instructions to remove the old, replace NG orifice w/ the 0.35 LG orifice, as well as the how to for removing the entire assembly and replacing it? Thxs

Remove the glass & then the logs. I would recommend that you take a pic of the log placement if you don’t have the manual. Your pilot assembly has three connections to the gas valve: Thermopile, thermocouple & pilot tube. You will need to remove them. Two Phillips head screws hold the thermopile to the terminal block. Loosen them, & remove the connectors. Use an open end wrench on the pilot tube & thermocouple. There is a pilot bracket holding the assembly to the floor of the firebox. It is secured with 1/4” hex head sheet metal screws. Remove them & the entire pilot assembly should be able to be lifted out. You may have to straighten out the pilot tube & thermocouple tube in order to allow them to move through the holes in the bottom of the firebox. Note: you may have to remove the burner pan to access the pilot assembly. It is also held by 1/4” hex head screws. Once you get to this point, let us know & we can take it from there…

I need to replace my Tiara II Pilot Assembly. I bought : NG Pilot Asy w/LP orifice p/n 842-4940.
Does anyone have the proper service instructions to remove the old, replace NG orifice w/ the 0.35 LG orifice, as well as the how to for removing the entire assembly and replacing it? Thxs
I have attached the two pages from the manual that cover this.

Attachments

• untitled.pdf
    246.1 KB · Views: 117
Thanks
Remove the glass & then the logs. I would recommend that you take a pic of the log placement if you don’t have the manual. Your pilot assembly has three connections to the gas valve: Thermopile, thermocouple & pilot tube. You will need to remove them. Two Phillips head screws hold the thermopile to the terminal block. Loosen them, & remove the connectors. Use an open end wrench on the pilot tube & thermocouple. There is a pilot bracket holding the assembly to the floor of the firebox. It is secured with 1/4” hex head sheet metal screws. Remove them & the entire pilot assembly should be able to be lifted out. You may have to straighten out the pilot tube & thermocouple tube in order to allow them to move through the holes in the bottom of the firebox. Note: you may have to remove the burner pan to access the pilot assembly. It is also held by 1/4” hex head screws. Once you get to this point, let us know & we can take it from there…
Thanks, Project completed. Everything works. But, the Pilot Light Flame is way too high. Is there an adjusting screw? Located?

Reactions: DAKSY