Tidying up.......

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

woodchip

Minister of Fire
Dec 6, 2010
Broadstone England
Having seen the smart stacks and all the work done by you guys, I thought I would tidy up my odds and ends from last season.

Then I added a few dead branches which have been cut and dried out over the Summer in the greenhouse.

I found an old cubic yard dumpy bag in the corner of the shed, and started filling. I had no idea it would end up full!!!!!

Now I have my starter wood for the fall, which is great, I can keep my better stuff for when it gets colder, and in the meantime, put some more deadwood into the greenhouse to kiln dry.

It's not perfectly tidy, but it's free btu's ;-)

IMG_6283.gif

Nice use for that bag. I also save stuff like that.

Looking Good. I hear it makes a Good "Filler" in the stove. If not, its going in the Fireplace.

Like yourself, I cant throw anything away either. I have to save it all. I only put 16"-20" Wood in my Racks. Anything under 15" goes in the Shorts and Uglies pile. Its located right behind the stacks. Up against the back of the garage. I am going to move it here soon. We have to have the sidewalk and driveway "Re-Topped" with Asphalt and I have yet to Weed and Mulch behind the Garage/Shop. Work, Work, Work........

Attachments

• Shorts and Uglies.jpg
    Shorts and Uglies.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 372
That's a nice tidy pile of wood down the side there!

I should really have some down the side of our house, it's quite a windy place with the air turbulence round the house.

I'm off to find another dumpy bag now, this'll be full of kindling wood from some old pallets which Mrs Woodchip wants removed from the patio.

At least "She who must be obeyed" is pleased with the tidying up so far........... ;-)

My wife used to pick up all the chips after the splitting was done but somehow this past spring she did not do it. We usually just burn than in the early fall when we want to take the chill off. It may as well be used for something good like heating your home.

I spend a number of weeks in the Fall just burning punks, chunks and uglies . . . and this is after having used some of this very same wood for campfires. It may not be the prettiest wood or stack really nice, but it has BTUs, it burns and it keeps me warm.

Status
Not open for further replies.