Timber and log pictures

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bill

Minister of Fire
Mar 2, 2007
South Western Wisconsin
I had a few extra shots of the woods around my cabin and some of the extra wood the loggers left behind.

Attachments

• wood 016 (676 x 507).jpg
    wood 016 (676 x 507).jpg
    131.5 KB · Views: 568
This damage to the tree is from a Pileated Woodpecker, there like a beaver with wings.

Attachments

• wood 017 (600 x 450).jpg
    wood 017 (600 x 450).jpg
    109.5 KB · Views: 567
One of my wood piles blew over and there is some more trees the loggers cut down, they were growing over the pole barn. I was afraid they could hit the roof and dent it. So they dropped them for me.

Attachments

• wood 038 (676 x 507).jpg
    wood 038 (676 x 507).jpg
    131.8 KB · Views: 591
Black Walnut, the locals tell me it's gummy to burn, and should only use it on a hot fire.

Attachments

• wood 054 (600 x 450).jpg
    wood 054 (600 x 450).jpg
    101.5 KB · Views: 568
Smokey said:
Black Walnut, the locals tell me it's gummy to burn, and should only use it on a hot fire.

smokey, that is an old wives tale. we have a lot of black walnut around here and it is good firewood. i have burnt it myself and it is fine.
bruce

edit
by the way....that is an awesome piece of property!

Great Photos. Thanks for sharing. Makes me want to head to my woods today. Killer day in Wisconsin. 50's and 60's and sunny.

northwinds

Great pics, thanks for posting them.

As for that black walnut; I would stay away from it if I was you. Tell you what, PM me with the directions to your place and I'll come take it off your hands ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.