1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

timber heat pellets

Post in '2013-14 Pellet FUEL reviews-opinions-questions' started by lvsb, Aug 13, 2012.

1. will711

will711 Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Pocono mts.
    Up date on my impressions went to Lowe's last week for something and you know what [ most of you with the sickness can relate ] the pellet voices start going off in your head "we're in the garden area come look at us" so I did soo 10 bags of Timber Heats found their way on my truck. Clean stove put Heats in the hopper.

Not as many fines in this batch, pellets were more normal length, burning hot ,colder outside now than my 1st test. Maybe a bit more ash than 1st batch. Bottom line if you see them try them.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. L.I. Pellet Guy

L.I. Pellet Guy New Member

Loc:
    Wrong Island
    i've burned about 30 bags of Timber Heats.... i've found the same thing. lots of small pellet lengths in most of the bags. I had to adjust settings for this, i was burning through pellets like crazy. But since i've adjusted, much better. These were the first pellets i've burned in my new stove, i have 3 tons of SETS to burn next, so i'll give you a comparison when i get to them.

-K
  3. gerryger

gerryger Member

Loc:
    CT
    I picked up 20 bags at my local Lowes. I'm very impressed with the heat output. A little dirty however. Short pellets. I'm not sure if they are softwood or hardwood. It doesn't say anything on the bag. I definitely feel they burn hotter than Green Team and Green Supreme. One sign that they burn hotter is the top of my stove is warm when usually it is cool.
  4. doingitonadime

doingitonadime New Member

Loc:
    shelton,ct
    I purchased 5 bags at lowes in October and they had black pieces mixed in looked like plastic so I used them for my fire pit just my observation
  5. imacman

imacman Guest

I burned about 5 bags back in Dec. They are the same pellet as Dry Creek, and I really liked them. If Lowes has them again this year, I'd have no problem using them.
  6. Dgopetactical

Dgopetactical Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    York County, Pa
    I picked up about 7 bags last month first time i seem them at Lowes,I put them on the bottom of my mixed brand skid, I won't get to try them till fall.
  7. Phil Do's fire.

Phil Do's fire. Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Hyde Park, NY
    I tried a bag this year, run of the mill pellet, not bad, little to much ash, fair heat:rolleyes:
  8. bschrager

bschrager Member

Loc:
    Long Island
    Reviving this thread.................went to my local Lowes near work yesterday and they were loaded up with Timber Heat pellets. Ordered 3 ton which is being delivered this weekend. $209 a ton plus flat delivery fee of $85 for the whole truck.
  9. IHATEPROPANE

IHATEPROPANE Minister of Fire

Loc:
    NoPellettons, MA
    They are pretty good pellets...only thing is they fed very fast for me, which gave me too much heat on my lowest setting.
  10. joescho

joescho Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Northeastern PA
    Wellsville NY??? Wasn't that where that dude that sued Facebook that was defrauding people selling pellets a few years ago was from? Was it allegany pellet or something like that?
  11. smoke show

smoke show Guest

pellets that are too hot... that's like having too much money... ;lol
    will711 and slvrblkk like this.
  12. IHATEPROPANE

Loc:
    NoPellettons, MA
    Haha...true...and I would have to have money to burn to use the in the shoulders....I was going through over 2 bags a day on low! !!
  13. cold front

cold front Member

Loc:
    western,NY
    Do you really think this is a dry creek pellet in a different bag?
  14. imacman

imacman Guest

Yes
  15. Pellet-King

Pellet-King Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Northern Ct
    Alright where they selling these this year?, all i can find is GS around central Ct
  16. chrisasst

chrisasst Minister of Fire

Loc:
    cortland ny

Drycreek pre PA take over? Loved drycreek before that happened. Got some last year and not so good.
  17. imacman

imacman Guest

Got mine in Lowes.....$209/ton
  18. Pellet-King

Loc:
    Northern Ct
    Why are you still $209? everywere in Ct so far i've seen $219
  19. jtakeman

jtakeman Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Northwestern CT.
    CTpellet has Maine Choice for $199/ton.
  20. IHATEPROPANE

Loc:
    NoPellettons, MA
    If CT pellet was in my neck of the woods I would be all over these .....they we're a little ashy but burn real nice for me...
  21. Pellet-King

Loc:
    Northern Ct
    Is Maine Choice the same as TSC branded?
  22. IHATEPROPANE

Loc:
    NoPellettons, MA
    I think those are Maine Woods Pellets
  23. imacman

imacman Guest

I don't argue with the sign on the stack of pellets. It said $4.18/bag if you buy 50 or more. Also came up that price on the register.
  24. minnow

minnow Member

Loc:
    Upstate New York
    Bought 3 tons of the Timber Heats and had them delivered by Loews. Have not burned any yet though. But I did have to return 9 bags from the 3 pallets due to water damage. One bag was so saturated with water that it was like a cement block. All of the damaged bags were from the bottom of the stack. What ever company is making these needs to rethink how they are wrapping the stacks, especially around the bottom of the pallets. I really need four tons to get through the winter and I'm thinking that I will off load the entire pallet right there in the parklng lot at Lowes so if some of the bottom bags are wet, I can exchange them right there. Glad to hear that overall people are happy with the Timber Heats.
  25. will711

will711 Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Pocono mts.
    It's not how they are wrapped it's the morons running the fork lift who pook holes in the bottom bags
    smoke show and jtakeman like this.