TIMBER! - Volume II

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

quads

Minister of Fire
Hearth Supporter
Nov 19, 2005
Central Sands, Wisconsin

It was a nice day for cutting wood today. The snow is still knee-deep, but the temperature was a degree or two above freezing. I worked in a long-sleeve T-shirt! The snow was getting a little soft and wet, and I was concerned that my wood hauler would sink in and get stuck. The base is icy and hard, so I never had a problem.

Well... so much for exit "A" :)

Sweeet nice drop.

Now that's close to the trail.
You're getting good as this :)
Nice!

It's been kind of fun for a change to cut standing trees this winter, since the snow depth etc. prevents me from cutting the usual ones that are already laying on the ground. It's been a long time since I felled more than one or two. Since before the tornado several years ago.

That is always nice when you can fell the tree right next to the trail.

Backwoods Savage said:
That is always nice when you can fell the tree right next to the trail.
This year especially nice because the snow is too deep to go off the trail. In the summer I just wind my way through the brush with the ATV and trailer, if needed. It's still better than the last two winters, the snow was so deep I was not able to get out in the woods at all. Sat and looked out the window all winter long! Thought I was going to die of boredom, or go stir-crazy, or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.