Timberline 2 door insert

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

country_dave

Nov 17, 2007
Western NJ
I have a Timberline 2 Door insert stove I picked up from a friend. Because it came out of a working chimney I don't have the part that will adapt the opening in the top of the stove (7.75") to an 8" pipe. Can anyone recommend a source or an alternate solution?

Thanks!

Older stoves such as this used what I call the Old Mill Crimp:
A note: many early stoves had strange size flue collars - often it was the type of heavy steel piping the manufacturer could find. Old Mill stoves were one example. Our shop developed what we call “The Old Mill Crimp” and what a crimp it was! You’d have to crimp the heck out of an 8” pipe, then do it again - then it was so angled that you had to straighten it out by using the hand crimpers and bending upwards all the way around...a regular work of art!

Status
Not open for further replies.