Timberline Single Door

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

themare

Jan 13, 2008
Upstate NY
Hello,

We have just purchased a HUGE Timberline single door woodstove. I have enclosed a photo of it. Can anyone tell me anything about this? I have searched the internet and can't find anything.

Attachments

• 0.jpg
    0.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 1,806
Had one in a house I used to own. A little hard on wood, but threw good heat.

Not ULC approved I believe. If it is, there will be a sticker/plate on the back. Which means you could have insurance issues if you install it. I've also never seen the auto-regulator thing, or whatever that is that looks like it was cemented on where the left draft control should be. I'd be careful with this one.

Thanks for your quick reply. The regulator thing that's on it comes off-it's not cemented on it. I think the previous owner bought that. Do you have any idea how old this is? It is in really great shape. The insurance issue doesn't matter because the wood stove we have now also isn't ULC approved and we own Rottweilers so we have been in forced placed insurance for years, even though we have never had a fire and our dogs are very gentle.

Hi, I used one of these stoves for 26 years until 2 1/2 months ago. I heat 2100 sq. ft, 24/7, open concept with cathedral ceilings on the second floor and it did a great job. I was just tired of looking at it and the thought of burning less wood was very appealing to me. The Timberline puts out lots of heat, but if you don't burn it hot it will make a lot of creosote. I would clean the chimney and pipe at least twice a year and would get a five gallon pail of stuff each time. My father in-law has the same stove and still uses it although when I look over at his house, it is truly a " smoke dragon ". I really love my new stove, what a heater. I was really nervous about changing stoves but am glad I did. Hope this helps.

Jim

Hi, Sorry, I'm pretty sure that next winter it will be in my brother in-laws garage. Good luck with your stove as it is a good heater.

Jim

I Hope in storage in the garage... Garage installs are for the most part illegal because of the huge possibility of combustible gasses being in the air.

Willhound said:
Had one in a house I used to own. A little hard on wood, but threw good heat.

Not ULC approved I believe. If it is, there will be a sticker/plate on the back. Which means you could have insurance issues if you install it. I've also never seen the auto-regulator thing, or whatever that is that looks like it was cemented on where the left draft control should be. I'd be careful with this one.

ULC is canada only , i see him in upstate new york so the uit would have to carry UL , but wouldnt need ULC, basically canada uses a different test standard for ulc safety testing(not going to get into which is stricter as i do not have the specs in front of me) than us standard for UL safety testing. for stoves to be approved for us and canada both sets of tests must be passed at an approved testing facility.

jbrown56 said:
Hi, I used one of these stoves for 26 years until 2 1/2 months ago. I heat 2100 sq. ft, 24/7, open concept with cathedral ceilings on the second floor and it did a great job. I was just tired of looking at it and the thought of burning less wood was very appealing to me. The Timberline puts out lots of heat, but if you don't burn it hot it will make a lot of creosote. I would clean the chimney and pipe at least twice a year and would get a five gallon pail of stuff each time. My father in-law has the same stove and still uses it although when I look over at his house, it is truly a " smoke dragon ". I really love my new stove, what a heater. I was really nervous about changing stoves but am glad I did. Hope this helps.
Same hear,had one of these back in the early 80's and had to clean chimney every month. :ahhh:

Jim

Status
Not open for further replies.