timberridge 49 trcpm stirrer issue

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ioneill82

Sep 22, 2011
north eastern pa
hi i bought my first pellet stove from am fm stoves a timberridge 49 trcpm i installed this past week but im not seeing stirrer move at all i tryed it on pellet mode and also corn mode i just thought i might be doing something wrong and before i call englander i thought i would ask for things to check also i noticed it wont turn by hand either i did check for stirrer caught in fire pot but it is totally clean other then stirrer not working stove burned nice

Hmmm.. sorry..Looks like you cannot turn on the stirrer from that mode. Imacman man would know. Have you took the cover off the back and checked for loose wiring?

Dont believe it spins that fast.. Not like its spinning 15 times a minute. Should only be doing it a little at a time.. You may not notice if you watch it for a couple minutes.. I could be wrong about the 10-CPM... But most have diferent modes, that determone how often it turns. On pellet, it will spin at a longer interval than corn...

Really watch and pay attention to it.... For awhile.. You got a good stove from a reputable company.. I am sure it worked when they checked it..

I didn't. Check wiring from back did have side cover off to look for gear trying to move will have to check this weekend sat and watched for hours on sunday was excited to have stove last year I bought 6 tanks of oil glad I wont need that much again just want to make sure everything works before winter thanks

As dexterday stated it does turn sloooooow. But if you have watched it for hours theres an issue somewhere sounds like.

The guys at tech support are great. They will get you squared away in no time.

DexterDay said:
Dont believe it spins that fast.. ......On pellet, it will spin at a longer interval than corn.....

Dex, you're right and wrong. It doesn't move very much at all (barely noticeable) in PELLET mode. In corn mode, it is easy to see....moves about 1/8 revolution.

It IS possible to turn the stirrer on and off, and it's possible it got turned off by accident.

To turn it on, press the "Air On" button on the bottom of the control panel, and then press both "Up" arrows on the Blower Speed and Heat Range until you see a "1" in the Blower Speed window. It can be turned off by the same procedure, but the down arrows must be pressed until a "0" shows.

This is explained on P. 13 in the owners manual.

Yes I read manual and I tried it in both pellet and corn mode possible loose wire but should I be able to move by hand because I couldnt im sure its something im just missing

Setting the stove for burning corn or pellets is a completely different procedure than the one I mentioned above. Loose wire is possible, but DO NOT try to turn the stirrer by hand....if you force it, the gears inside the motor that runs it can be stripped.

My advice is to set the stove to corn mode, then make sure the stirrer is turned "on", double check the power leads to the stirrer motor, and try running the stove again. In corn mode, the stirrer will be very easy to see moving.

If these don't help, contact Englander and they'll get you straightened out.

Nice. An easy fix is always a good thing. Still jealous of all of these Multi Fuel Englandeds that are going in this year. Going to pi k up my updated control board for the Fahrenheit today. Might put it up for sale, to get the funds for a 10-CPM. That way I dont have to sell the Quad this Spring. Then the Quad goes to the Shop and I can sell the Englander.... Ideas, Ideas, Ideas..... This place does not help the sickness. But I like it that way. Thank you Craig for this wonderful site and feeding my wood/pellet needs.

Glad you got it worked out! Btw, you can manually move the stirrer by holding the Air on Temp button while the stove is off (plugged in of course) this will make the stirrer rotate.

sb81 said:
Glad you got it worked out! Btw, you can manually move the stirrer by holding the Air on Temp button while the stove is off (plugged in of course) this will make the stirrer rotate.

That is also the way to get the stirrer "fingers" pointed straight up when you want to remove the stirrer and burnpot for cleaning.

BTW, glad the OP got the stirrer working.

Status
Not open for further replies.