timberridge Evo is driving me nuts!!!!!!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

gottahavvitt

Oct 2, 2009
western ma
I am about at the end of my rope with this stove. It is making all kinds of strange noises that are so annoying I can't stand to have it on.
I have already replaced the room air blower and think it might need another one.
I clean the stove everyday and it heats up nice but not worth the noise.
I have removed both blower motors and cleaned them very meticulously.
If I turn the squirrel cage on the room blower it sounds like metal on metal but when I hand turn the other blower you can't hear a thing.\

To me if you buy a stove for $2000 you should not have to go through all this extra maintenance. I don't mind cleaning it but this is seems to be way too much work .\
The noises range from train whistles and a high pitched whine that goes right through you.

Any ideas???????????????
joe

When you had the blower out of the stove, did you connect it to 120v and run it?

I had both blowers out of my 10-cpm yesterday, and except for the air noise, they are almost silent.

macman said:
When you had the blower out of the stove, did you connect it to 120v and run it?

I had both blowers out of my 10-cpm yesterday, and except for the air noise, they are almost silent.

No I did not plug them in just spun by hand. This is what I mean bty way too much work for a stove thast has only burned a half a ton of pellets.
Thanks for your reply

gottahavvitt said:
macman said:

No I did not plug them in just spun by hand. This is what I mean bty way too much work for a stove thast has only burned a half a ton of pellets.
Thanks for your reply

Was just curious if the cage was bent, or the balancing weight that they have to add sometimes was missing. There seems to be plenty of clearance inside the room air blower so no part of the cage should hit anything, but I guess you returned it to Englander so we'll never know.

macman said:
gottahavvitt said:
macman said:

Thanks for your reply

Was just curious if the cage was bent, or the balancing weight that they have to add sometimes was missing. There seems to be plenty of clearance inside the room air blower so no part of the cage should hit anything, but I guess you returned it to Englander so we'll never know.

The metral on metal noise I was referring to is not from the cage hitting anything I believe it is a bad bearing in the motor.
Just curious but what would happen if I was to put some sort of filter over the big opening in the housing. I was thinking maybe it would help to keep the cage a little cleaner????????

gottahavvitt said:
macman said:
gottahavvitt said:
macman said:

Thanks for your reply

The metral on metal noise I was referring to is not from the cage hitting anything I believe it is a bad bearing in the motor.
Just curious but what would happen if I was to put some sort of filter over the big opening in the housing. I was thinking maybe it would help to keep the cage a little cleaner????????

If the blower motor has oil ports, use the recommended oil and oil them. If that doesn't fix it call ESW and talk to them. Perhaps the blower is too close to the fire box and is running through its lubricant faster than it should. Things like that happen (yep they sure do).

As for the addition of a filter, you might want to think that through a bit since you'd effectively reduce the air flow through the room blower unless you compensated by adding more opening.

It would, but be careful it doesn't restrict airflow at all, or very little. I guess there is also the issue of whether it is heat/fire resistant too.

Does yours have the metal wire grate over the intake?

SmokeyTheBear said:
gottahavvitt said:
macman said:
gottahavvitt said:
macman said:

Thanks for your reply

If the blower motor has oil ports, use the recommended oil and oil them. If that doesn't fix it call ESW and talk to them. Perhaps the blower is too close to the fire box and is running through its lubricant faster than it should. Things like that happen (yep they sure do).

As for the addition of a filter, you might want to think that through a bit since you'd effectively reduce the air flow through the room blower unless you compensated by adding more opening.

The filter idea was just a thought and I was looking for opinions one way or the other so i thank you for your response

macman said:
It would, but be careful it doesn't restrict airflow at all, or very little. I guess there is also the issue of whether it is heat/fire resistant too.

no wire grate over the intake.

gottahavvitt said:
macman said:

no wire grate over the intake.

OK, then they spec'd a different blower for yours than mine.....mine has the 1/4"-3/8" square wire mesh over the intake.....when I cleaned it yesterday, it had some dust bunnies, and some pet hair, but not bad for 1.4 tons.

Maybe call Englander and talk to Mike next week....if the noise is that loud, have the stove going so you can have him listen over the phone. I know the speakerphone setting on my cell phone is pretty sensitive, and should be able to pick that up for him to hear. If the bearings are that bad, I'm sure they'll replace it.....it's under warranty.

Status
Not open for further replies.