Timberwolf blower

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cburke

Burning Hunk
Feb 24, 2014
Honeybrook Pennsylvania
Hey all, just receivedy timberlf 2200 blower, after my first year heating without it I decided to take the plunge and get one for faster heat distribution, long story short I beleive the model number is ept70 it's a napoleon brand blower. I went to plug it in to check if it worked but when I switched it on nothing. My question is it has a thermostatic switch does the stove need to be hot for this blower to work? I just wanted to make sure it worked but seeing as it is 90degrees here today I'm not gonna fire up the stove. Thanks!

That's what a thermal disc or snap disc does, allow a fan to come on when there is sufficient heat.

Same with a fan forced hydronic radiator.

You could disconnect the two wires and short them out to simulate a closed circuit and you could get a AC shock not being careful too. :)

Some blower systems use a snap disc and some don't. You should be able to find the device on the stove/blower if you follow the wires from the plug. To test the blower without a hot snap disc you would need to bypass the snap disc which should be pretty easy. Do the bypassing with the blower unplugged. Then plug it in and test the blower.

Status
Not open for further replies.