TImberwolf Dilema

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

pilot-werx

Nov 10, 2008
Southern, Maine
Hmmm..... Not sure what to do.... I had ordered a new TW-2HD with all the goodies. Autocycle valve, table grate, and log lift.... It is going to be a couple of weeks before it is ready... In mean time, a used TW-6 popped up in MA for the same price... I am sure the TW-6 is more than I need but I guess you can never get enough... Would you stick with the new TW-2hd or look at the used TW-6?

The tw-6 is a commercial splitter, so you know that the used one has seen lots of use. How much you would need to determine.
Why is he selling it did he leave the business or has it used up most of it's usable life and things are starting to wear ?

I am OK with buying used gear and saving a buck but you need to check the equipment well. How was it serviced, see how some of the guys other equipment looks, I am sure he cleaned this one up for sale.

He used it for his commercial business. Always inside or covered. Paint is great and no rust. Said he split 100 cord with it... The funny thing is that he did not clean it up. Couple of issues that I noticed is that it did not run all that well at full throttle. I am sure the carb needs to be cleaned as the ethanol has been a pain up here. The other problem is their hydraulic fluid dripping from the autocycle valve. I am assuming it is not a huge deal as in the owners manual they tell you how to change the seals.

I did notice the hydraulic fluid is very clean and the engine oil is clean....

Who knows... It is one hell of a beast.....

Status
Not open for further replies.