Timberwolf splitters

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Joey

Feeling the Heat
My tree guy was kind enough to let me use his Timberwolf slitter this past weekend to split and stack about 4 cords of Sugar Maple. The machine had a 242cc "real" Honda motor, the cycle time was nine seconds. What an incredible piece of machinery. If I was in the firewood business,,,this would be the first piece of equipment I would purchase. Just a quality built product. I guess ya get what ya pay for sometimes. When I checked the price of these machines,,,I was floored.

Top of the line splitters no question about that. Hard to justify that much $ for about 5-10 days/yr of use. I even called the dealer but never scraped together the $.
Doug

Joey said:
My tree guy was kind enough to let me use his Timberwolf slitter this past weekend to split and stack about 4 cords of Sugar Maple. The machine had a 242cc "real" Honda motor, the cycle time was nine seconds. What an incredible piece of machinery. If I was in the firewood business,,,this would be the first piece of equipment I would purchase. Just a quality built product. I guess ya get what ya pay for sometimes. When I checked the price of these machines,,,I was floored.

+1 it is an awesome splitter.

Status
Not open for further replies.