Time 4 A New Trail..........

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

thewoodlands

Minister of Fire
Aug 25, 2009
In The Woods
this weekend depending how hard it rains. I never cut in this area but since the last straight line wind storm did some damage, I'll make a trail ( I'm thinking about 45 minutes to make the trail in) to this downed Beech, I just hope it has some good wood left in it.

The Maple is close by.

Attachments

• 100_7374.JPG
    100_7374.JPG
    282.5 KB · Views: 96
  • 100_7371.JPG
    100_7371.JPG
    301.4 KB · Views: 110
It looks like you'll get some nice wood out if it. Do you have alot more along the trail you'll be making?

It looks like you'll get some nice wood out if it. Do you have alot more along the trail you'll be making?
Just what you see, but it's about time I put a trail in that area.

Reactions: ScotO
You need more trails to maintain :)

You are a "beech" fan.
Never burned it, I remember them to be hollow & great squirrel hunting trees.
Good stuff?

Reactions: ScotO and zap

You are a "beech" fan.
Never burned it, I remember them to be hollow & great squirrel hunting trees.
Good stuff?
The plan just changed, UPS showed up with the Northern Red Oak Trees, so we'll plan on doing that on Saturday... rain or not, I just need to get some mulch tomorrow.

Five trees will go on the property I cut on, the sixth will go on the property the house is on.

That is about the only hill that the trail was never kept up, it's not that bad of a job unless you get nailed with those straight line winds like we received that last week of May.

Looks like some good firewood there zap. New trails happen a lot for many of us.

Happy Trails to you !

Happy Trails to you !
I'll be digging holes this weekend, I'm planting the Northern Red Oak trees. If I can get enough done on Saturday then the trail clearing will be done on Sunday.

Looks like some good firewood there zap. New trails happen a lot for many of us.
My plans are for this to go in tomorrow, I'll also open up the blocked trail down from this. If the beech is junk, I'll bring home a lad of Maple.

After cutting up the downed sugar maple, I took the 390 to the downed beech (just a small cut) unless it's better further up the tree it will be left in the woods.

I think some of the bigger branches looked good but where I cut it was mostly hollow.

Status
Not open for further replies.