Time for a new boat Craig. Check out some of these stats!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
He gives all of the membership fees to the moderators.

Mirabella was docked here in Newport most of last summer. It also cannot go under the Pell Bridge (the largest freighters CAN)...

I think big boat are less fun......although I went out on this yesterday. It's 34 or 36. It's nice to have 12,000 lbs of lead keeping you stable.
boat.jpg

Owning a vessel intended for use offshore or on the inland waterway is a lot of fun, a lot of satisfying work, and very, very, very expensive. And remember, if you have others aboard and they have helped pay for lunch, fuel, or other expenses, those persons are classified as "Passengers" and as such, have the right to expect the owner/pilot to have all the necessary safety equipment aboard and know how to store and use it properly. Those "Passengers" also have the right to expect the owner/pilot to know the "Rules of the Road" for the waters on which the vessel is being used.

Some interesting and complicated litigation has resulted from accidents involving vessels, their owners/pilots, and "Passengers" (even those who were previously good friends).

Just a random thought from my pleasurable boating experiences many years ago. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.