Time for an arborist I think

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

D8Chumley

Minister of Fire
Jun 25, 2013
Collegeville PA
Came out this morning to find a dead limb from my oak tree fell on my work truck last night. It broke the windshield and dented the roof and hood. Good thing it wasn't my truck or me/one of the kids or dogs, still sucks though. There's a few dead branches I'd need a bucket truck to take care of, and I sure ain't climbing it haha!
066.JPG 071.JPG 075.JPG 076.JPG

Maybe they will suspend you for negligence resulting in damage to company property, for parking under the tree. Then you will have extra time to stack more wood! ;)

Reactions: D8Chumley
I hope not, as I'm going to another job Wed or Thurs and supposedly there's firewood to be had there

Reactions: Woody Stover
I love trees around the house for shade in the summer, but not leaning towards to house. I fear that big tree is going to cause you further problems. But I'm old and paranoid, so don't pay no attention to what I say.:)

I'm a lil paranoid also but that pic might be deceiving. It's actually leaning more toward the driveway than the house and it's pretty sturdy. There are a few ash in the yard, one especially that's dropping a few larger limbs and I'll be taking that down very soon. Living in the woods, where do I draw the line on what stays and what goes? I could cut all of them down that "might" fall towards the house or garages but then I'd have no shade

That oak just has a few dead limbs that need trimmed up otherwise it looks pretty healthy

Do you live by a nuclear plant maybe? Cuz in image four I see some kind of mutant animal with a head front and back and more legs than any animal I've ever seen! Lol!

Reactions: D8Chumley
Haha actually I live less than 10 miles from Limerick nuclear power plant but that's our two white female boxers and they are facing opposite directions standing right next to each other

Status
Not open for further replies.