Time for the Wheelbarrow, got stuck with the Highlander today

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I love felling big trees close to things... I did work some tree service for a couple years out of highschool.... click on the pics of these two recent vids from a maple and pin oak i drop in very close vacinity to the house and back garage...its an adrenaline rush for me.... as long as i don't have too big of an audience to watch my screwups... BTW, i work in tallmadge, so i'm very close...

this was the maple out front, even though i said oak in the video...

had the maple on my mind and called this pin oak a maple too... I was all screwed up on camera... this is a modded 660 running a 28" full chisel chain.

Reactions: Boog
I spent a good part of the day shuttling wood with my JD Sabre chained mower with the little wagon. When its soft, all that big fancy equipment is useless, you need just a lite little runner to stay on top without sinking in, Got the big trailer emptied out and a nice hilbilly stack by the bilco door. I was going to take a photo of it to compare to Dex's laser aligned ones. My wood can be anywhere from 12" to 20" or so! Its going to be a real mess out here soon, high temps and rain coming our way, forcasting 50 on Friday. It will quickly turn from a sand box to a mud pit. Freakingstang might give it a shot to see if he can get some 2.5-3 year old smooth/shag hickory and ironwood out tomorrow but it will be touch and go to see if my road can take it with out rutting up.

I love felling big trees close to things.......... I did work some tree service for a couple years out of highschool......... click on the pics of these two recent vids from a maple and pin oak i drop in very close vacinity to the house and back garage...........its an adrenaline rush for me............ as long as i don't have too big of an audience to watch my screwups... BTW, i work in tallmadge, so i'm very close.............this was the maple out front, even though i said oak in the video...........had the maple on my mind and called this pin oak a maple too... I was all screwed up on camera... this is a modded 660 running a 28" full chisel chain.

That's the way to do it, nice and slow with plenty of wedges

The g/f and her son are over for the night...I'll see if I can convince them to head over in the morning to atleast get one solid load... maybe even two... got the last stove pipe connection this eveing to install my insert... i was planning on doing that tomorrow..... hmmmm.

Hey Sean, is that big maple free and clear to fall? Or if we screw up are we going to be calling your insurance agent and the power company since Hartville and the east side of Akron just lost power! ::-) I don't need any wood, I've got 100+ mostly oak tops down out here, but I'd be up to helping you out with it.
Tree is a good on, go one way and my insurance agent won't like you. Go the other and AEP will be pissed. Need to ride the middle and drop it on my driveway! It'll be a breeze :0

Status
Not open for further replies.